EAA of Michigan – seeking certified Middle School and Secondary Math Teachers
Teach Math to Detroit’s Next Generation of Leaders. Apply Today!
The Education Achievement Authority (EAA) of Michigan is seeking certified Middle School and Secondary Math teachers who are driven to make a difference for Detroit students.
Please visit http://www.icansoar.org/career-opportunities to apply.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE EAA?
- By preparing our city’s next generation of leaders, EAA schools are focused on rebuilding Detroit. Our teachers are helping to rebuild one of America’s great cities from the classroom up—ensuring that all of Detroit’s students get the education they need to succeed in college and career. We’re looking for teachers with the skill, passion, and dedication to help students overcome big obstacles to create a brighter future, for themselves and for their city.
- In EAA schools, you’ll have the chance to make a difference for the students who need you most. We serve many of Detroit’s oldest neighborhoods—once-vibrant communities that have been hit hard by economic downturn and are keys to the city’s resurgence. You’ll be joining a movement that is shaping Detroit’s future. From your first day in one of our classrooms, you’ll have an opportunity to change the lives of students who have too often been denied the great education they deserve.
- Teaching in EAA schools is more than a cause, it’s a career. We give our teachers the support they need and the recognition they deserve for excelling in the city’s most important job. EAA teachers also receive competitive salaries, among the highest anywhere, and have access to career advancement opportunities that allow you to reach more students, earn more money, and grow professionally by taking on teacher leader and administrator roles.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CERTIFIED MATH EDUCATORS WHO:
- Believe that all students can learn and take responsibility for student growth
- Are passionate about working in historically underserved communities
- Have mastered general and content area pedagogy
- Continuously grow and develop their skills
- Build strong partnerships with families and the community to support students
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
To apply for a math teaching position in EAA, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold valid Michigan teacher certification
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and be able to pass a criminal background check
APPLY TO TEACH MATH IN ONE OF OUR SCHOOLS TODAY!
Please visit www.icansoar.org/career-opportunities to learn more about the EAA and to submit your application today.
The Education Achievement Authority of Michigan does not discriminate against, deny benefits to or exclude participation by any person in its programs, activities or employment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, creed, religion or handicap.