Lamphere Public Schools – High School Special Education Teacher
Category: Instructional – Special Education
Date Posted: 7/28/2016
Location: Lamphere High School – Madison Heights, MI
Date of Availability: 2016-2017 school year
Date Closing: Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Secondary Special Education Teacher Highly Qualified in English (BA or BX)
SALARY: At the appropriate Step on the Salary Schedule of the Master Agreement
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate.
- Endorsement in Special Education (LD, CI, ASD or EI) and English (BA of BX) required OR must have at least one of the required endorsements and be willing to return to school to obtain the other.
- Two years secondary teaching experience including one year in Special Education, preferred.
- Training, expertise and experience with disabilities including LD, CI, ASD, EI and OHI.
- Demonstrated familiarity with development and use of accommodations, instructional strategies and assessment procedures for students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge, commitment, and skills in differentiating instruction with the assigned student population.
- Must meet all requirements per rule 340.1781 and 340.1782 of the Michigan Department of Education.
- Experience with the Co-Teaching model preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Provides effective individualized instruction to address the academic, social and physical needs for secondary level students with disabilities.
- Facilitate student progress toward meeting the High School Content Expectations.
- Work cooperatively with the administration, multidisciplinary team, general and special education colleagues, families and agencies to provide positive behavior support for assigned students.
- Provide assessment, instruction and maintain records to quality and compliance standards established for district, state and federal rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Conduct IEP’s, ensure accommodations are complied with and MET and IEPT timelines are attained.
- Maintain regular, positive communication with parents and other high school staff regarding caseload students.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and continuing professional growth.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education.
Qualified candidates interested in this position should apply on line using the procedures below:
Click on “Employment Opportunities”
Click on “View all open positions in OHRC districts”
Click on “Broken Down by District”
Click on “Lamphere”
Then follow the prompts
If you have any questions, contact Heather Prain in the Human Resource Office at (248) 589-19990 x2009.
It shall be the policy of the district not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status or handicap status in the employment of personnel.
Lamphere Public Schools uses the AppliTrack system from Frontline Technologies to manage employment applications online.