Attention Wayne State Education Students!
Do you want to gain teaching experience over the summer while also gaining community service hours and a stipend?
There is a GREAT opportunity for you!
Children’s Hospital of Michigan Hemophilia Treatment Center is looking for tutors for patients ranging from 5-17 over the summer (June, July and August). Many patients miss school frequently during the year and often fall behind. You can enhance your teaching skills by tutoring chronically ill adolescents at the clinic. This will be a great opportunity to gain valuable experience while also earning a small stipend (for transportation cost, parking and time spent).
- At least a second year education student
- Be able to attend an informational session at CHM
- Be able to commit to tutoring a student once a week for an hour at a time
- Negative TB test (Will be paid for by the clinic)
- Negative background test ( Will be paid for by the clinic)
- Complete a Children’s Hospital of Michigan Volunteer Application
- Must be willing to complete net learning modules on HIPPA compliance
- Provide transportation ( Money will be provided to help with transportation costs)
If you are interested please contact Annie Phillips, Social worker at Children’s Hospital at 313-745-0086 for an interview!