Middle School Math Teacher
Middle School Math Teacher
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Tour of Duty: 11 Month Position
Location: Detroit, MI
Reports To: Principal
To Apply: Click Here
Teach Math. Shape Detroit’s Future.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled talent to join our team at the Education Achievement Authority of Michigan (EAA). The EAA envisions academic success for all Detroit children. We are working to deliver excellent educational experiences to our city’s most historically underserved communities. Our schools are characterized by personalized learning strategies, extended learning time, wraparound services designed in close collaboration with local communities, and rising academic achievement.
The EAA is now accepting applications for certified Middle School math teachers to start in January 2016.
Why You Should Join the EAA?
- We’re at the forefront of rebuilding Detroit. EAA teachers are changing lives today, and they are laying the foundation for our city’s future. They are passionate about expanding educational and economic opportunity for all young people in our community.
- We respect and reward great teaching. EAA’s starting teacher salaries are among the highest anywhere, and strong performers can earn substantial performance incentives. But it’s not just about the money: we offer a true career ladder for effective educators, with the chance to reach more students by becoming a lead teacher, master teacher, assistant principal, or principal.
- We support unique, autonomous schools. Every EAA school is pursuing innovative strategies to improve educational outcomes for Detroit children. To achieve our vision for student success, EAA schools are deploying new technologies, dual language programs, blended learning models, engaging arts programs, and STEM specialty programs, to name just a few.
Teachers are charged with ensuring the academic achievement of all of our students regardless of background or circumstance. We are committed to our mission of providing all students with a world-class education that prepares them for college, career, and life – and we are seeking excellent teachers who believe that all students can and will achieve.
EAA is Looking for Certified Educators Who:
- Believe that all students can learn and take responsibility for student growth
- Are passionate about working in historically underserved communities
- Have mastered general and content area pedagogy
- Continuously grow and develop their skills
- Build strong partnerships with families and the community to support students
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Hold valid Michigan teacher certification
- Hold a valid Michigan Teacher Certificate or Michigan Temporary Teaching Authorization (T2EA) with an endorsement in Secondary Mathematics (EX
- Strong instructional skills and classroom management
- Passion for innovation, equity for all students and demonstrated mastery of subject matter
Apply to Teach in the EAA Today!
- Please visit http://icansoar.org/job/middle-school-math-teacher/ to learn more about the EAA and to submit your application.
The Education Achievement Authority does not discriminate against, deny benefits to or exclude participation by any person in its programs, activities or employment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, creed, religion or handicap.
Education Achievement Authority, 300 River Place, Suite 3600 | Detroit, MI 48207 | (313) 263-9800 | www.icansoar.org