Physical Education / Health Teacher – Elementary School
Location: Detroit, MI
Department: Matchbook Learning – Detroit
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
Matchbook Learning, a national non-profit charter school management organization that is reinventing public education to personalize it to meet every student where they are. Matchbook Learning schools utilize a competency-based, student-centered, and blended model of instructional design and delivery, with a unique combination of coaching and professional development, technology ecosystem, school culture, and school community. We meet teachers where they are and help them to learn and grow along their career paths.
Matchbook Learning seeks to employ educators and leaders who are open-minded, talented, passionate about student achievement, and looking for an opportunity to create a school that delivers remarkable results for all students.
Teacher Position Overview
This is an opportunity to work with teachers who are 100% committed to the academic success and reshaping the school experience of students in Detroit. You will act as advisor, a facilitator, provide targeted small-group instruction, directly coach students as they work with online learning tools along individual leaning pathways, and collaborate with peers to ensure high levels of student achievement. Our teachers work collaboratively with grade level teams, content area departments, and with special area teachers. We invest heavily in our teachers to help them gain deep content knowledge of curriculum and instruction through continual feedback, coaching, and personalized professional development. Teachers also receive support on the consistent use of data to develop, implement, and monitor student personalized learning plans.
- Believes that all students can achieve at the highest levels with no excuses.
- Tireless commitment to all students’ academic success and personal development.
- Demonstrated record of success in the classroom, with accountability for student performance.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and affinity for learning new ways of teaching as well as strategic new tools and applications.
- Effectively analyzes student data to improve achievement.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, proactive problem solver, and excellent judgment in decision-making.
- Innovator, coachable, courageous, and growth mindset.
- MI State Standard Teaching Certification or equivalent out of state certificate.
- Teach classes utilizing the Matchbook Learning model of instruction.
- Participate in coaching sessions in order to become an accomplishing teacher in Matchbook personalized blended learning classroom.
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students.
- Incorporate a variety of instructional strategies, pedagogies, and instructional tools to engage students, help all students develop agency, keep classes focused, and infuse a lasting desire to learn.
- Create and implement rigorous application challenges, PBL experience, and small group community dialogue experiences for students.
- Analyze data to adapt curriculum and target instruction to ensure students master standards.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and peers, and all stakeholders.
- Help all students to develop pathways and experiences to reach their “When I Grow Up” dreams.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, an innovative, team-oriented work environment, over 40 hours of career coaching, and the opportunity to rethink school and change the lives of our students.