Tracking Code: 1880-608
Job Description: Human Resource Experts a K-8 Public Charter School in Detroit Michigan is seeking full-time Health Teacher
Function: Facilitate tasks under the supervision of the Principal
Reports To: Principal
Job Description: Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the District philosophy, state of Michigan requirements, and goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted course study.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize time on task.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students.
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits.
- Provides progress and interim reports as required.
- Prepares substitute folder containing appropriate information as required by the principal.
- Plans and prescribes purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals, tutors and volunteers as needed
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of subject matter.
- Uses effective oral and written expression.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school’s curriculum.
- Assists in the ongoing curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
- Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Candidates must hold a valid Michigan Provisional or Professional Educator Certificate.
Interested candidates please submit resume, cover letter and proof of Michigan certification
Job Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular