Samuel Gompers Elementary/Middle School in Detroit is seeking a Middle School Science Teacher for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Qualifications: Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Interested applicants should contact:
- Principal: Bobbie Posey-Milner (email@example.com)
- Assistant Principal: Kevin Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
School Website: http://detroitk12.org/schools/gompers/
Laurus Academy in Southfield is looking for two 6th grade self-contained classroom teachers (gen ed). The link to apply is https://careers.nhaschools.com/jobs/6th-grade-teacher-at-laurus-academy-9879.
Interested candidates can contact Silva Nazoyan at email@example.com or (248) 799-8401.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the study of Education
- Must have a Michigan Teaching Certification
- Recent Graduates or about to graduate with no experience are welcome to apply
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan Core Curriculum
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in culturally diverse setting.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Flexible open minded, self driven team member
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor(s)
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares and implements lesson plans that are aligned with curriculum maps for the grade level/subject area, & include activities for differentiated instruction to meet the varied learning styles , abilities, and needs of students in a culturally sensitive environment
- Plans activities and projects that are relevant to students’ needs
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Superintendent or designee. Position Details
- Minimum of 90 college credit hours from an accredited College or University in any field with at least 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Substitute teachers must meet the Michigan Department of Education regulation!
- Ability to pass a Live Scan fingerprint
- Flexible scheduling
- Long-term assignment bonuses
- Choice of where you want to work
- Experience in a variety of educational settings
- Connections that can lead to permanent positions
- Offer an online training that may be taken at your convenience
- Network with other teachers and administrators, who can provide valuable advice and professional connections.
- Substitute teaching can lead to a full time position so don’t let this opportunity pass by!
- The ability to create and or follow lesson plans
- Provide a structured learning atmosphere
- Maintaining positive control of the classroom
- Monitor student attendance and behavior- Develop classroom notes as follow up for the home room teacher
- Possess the ability to develop positive working relationships with students, administrators and staff!
- St. Frances Cabrini Parish, 9000 LaurenceAllen Park, MI 48101
- Category: Teacher – PK-8
- Apply To:
- Lisa Pacholski
Seeking a 4th grade self-contained classroom teacher, 5th grade teacher and a 7/8th grade English teacher .
All teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit shall be certified and /or approved for teaching by the Department of Education for the State of Michigan. All teachers are required to hold the appropriate endorsement for the subject(s) they are assigned to teach. All teachers who are catechist,(teachers of religion), must be certified by the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools.
Prior experience The Archdiocese of Detroit is an equal opportunity employer that does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital or other legally protected status.
Bradford Academy is seeking certified teachers for:
- 2nd Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade (Self CC – Main focus of Social Studies and ELA)
- 7th Grade Science
- Middle School Special Education
- High School Math
- High School Math Interventionist
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) in partnership with Michigan Educator Event Network is proud to offer a State-Wide Educator Workforce Job Fair on August 16th, at the Lansing Center from 2:00-6:00 p.m. for educators still seeking positions for the 2018-2019 school year.
This event is free of charge for candidates and pre-registration is available at
The following Allegan Area Educational Service Agency job posting is attached:
Teacher-Special Education (SXI)
Hillside Learning & Behavior Center – West