Sep 30 / Jessica Essix

Entertainment in Detroit (Michigan Opera Theatre)

Hello Warriors! I hope everyone is having a great start to the school year. As a senior music business student, I have been given the wonderful opportunity to intern with the Michigan Opera Theatre. I am working with the production administration staff of the Michigan Opera Theatre. This experience has thus far been educating and interesting. I cannot wait to see what else is in store for the remainder of my time at the Michigan Opera Theatre this semester.

Speaking of the Michigan Opera Theatre, I wanted to inform you all that this week is the official kick-off of the production for the 2015-2016 season. The season will start with the Italian opera La Bohème! written by Giacomo Puccini. This is going to be an amazing show that includes talented artists and a very touching story.   All are welcome to come out and enjoy! If you would like to purchase tickets, you may go to the Michigan Opera Theatre website or buy tickets at the box office. Ticket purchases start at $29.00. The show will run October 17, 21, 24, and 25. Come out and enjoy the wonders of La Bohème!

la boheme

Photo from: http://www.michiganopera.org/opera/