Back to School- Tips for Incoming WSU Students
Tips for Incoming WSU Students
First, I would like to say welcome to all the new students coming to Wayne State this year!!! I hope that you have a great exciting year filled with many adventures and opportunities towards success. Here are a few tips that I would suggest to students that are new to Wayne State University to make this transition smoother.
- TRAFFIC!!! BE AWARE: If commuting to campus, please be cautious that there will be some traffic around campus. This specifically pertains to parking, which can be a bit of a hassle the first week or so. Try to get to campus a little earlier than usual so you will not have a difficult time finding a space. Or you can check on Wayne State’s parking website (parking.wayne.edu) to see which parking structures have spaces available. You can also check on the Wayne State University app. If you are on campus often, buying a parking permit may be your best bet in always having a parking space available to you.
- UTILIZE THE UNIVERSITY RESOURCES:Wayne State University offers many resources to help students succeed. These resources include the academic writing center to assist with writing skills and tutoring in a wide variety of subjects.
- GET TO KNOW YOUR PROFESSORS: Here at Wayne State the professors are very happy to help their students any way they can. Do not hesitate to ask for help if needed.
- GET AS MUCH SLEEP AS YOU CAN NOW: There will be times where sleep will have to fall on the backburner but there is a solution to such a thing…and that is…
- COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE, and MORE COFFEE: Wayne State University offers many coffee shops around campus. So if you ever need an extra boost of energy, go ahead and stop at Starbucks. Einstein Bagels, Tim Hortons, Dunkin Donuts, or any other coffee shop in the midtown area.
WARRIOR PRIDE!!!!!!! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE BEING A WAYNE STATE WARRIOR!!!!