My name is Claire Cisco and I am currently a junior pursuing my BA in Fashion Merchandising. I have been at Wayne my entire college career, and I think it is the hidden gem of fashion merchandising and design (but that’s for another post!!). I was a recent recipient of the Marji Kunz Fashion Scholarship, which is awarded to a few students in the design/merchandising program who the judges believe have shown exemplary work. I am also a member of the sorority Delta Zeta here on campus! I currently hold a position as the Assistant to VP of Programming. Being in a sorority has given me lifelong friendships and amazing community service and philanthropic opportunities! I also interned for a small business right in Royal Oak this past summer, which was a great experience because I hear tooooooo many times that to be in fashion or work/intern you HAVE to go to New York or somewhere comparable (cue eyeroll).
Here are some other facts about me:
- My favorite designer brands that inspire me are Fendi, Miu Miu, Gucci, and Chanel.
- I really really really hate pickles!!
- My ideal career path would be working for a fashion house or company in the Trend Forecasting area.
- I’ve been to NYC, and I can say it’s not really for me. I prefer a smaller city like Boston or Chicago.
- I can’t wait to continue my blog posts!
That’s all for now, until next time! xx