- Work with web team to coordinate updates, enhancements and maintenance for the sites
- Create and manipulate tour artwork to optimized website specs
- Update and maintain time-sensitive content to website
- Post breaking news, event announcements and ticket on sale information on 313Presents.com, including early morning and weekend releases
- Update content and create landing pages for 313Presents.com and occasionally for DetroitRedWings.com, RedWingsSeasonTickets.com, HockeytownCafe.com and OlympiaEntertainment.com.
- Design and style web page layouts using CSS and HTML
- Use form building software to automate embed codes for contest landing pages and other data collection initiatives
- Update and maintain website calendars with individual event details
- Execute web requests from various departments throughout the company through Olympia Entertainment’s online project management solution
- Coordinate digital archives process for the web team including trafficking of assets and metadata
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience working on high-traffic websites including development and maintenance
- Site design and optimization experience (Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work)
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience with popular web content management systems
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator
- Understanding of web design and functionality best practices
- Understanding of basic marketing fundamentals, content creation and integration, campaign development and marketing promotion.
- Knowledge of metrics measurement and back-end site support is highly relevant
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Must be able to manage multiple programs at one time
- Ability to efficiently and effectively self-direct and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Superior attention to detail and a desire to deliver exceptional results for business objectives
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree or (2) years of equivalent experience working in web design and development, computer science, graphic design, marketing or related field
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate noise level
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- Flex scheduling for game coverage and show announce
Log into Student Handshake account at: http://wayne.joinhandshake.com
Enter Job ID #2187623 in the search box on the left
The Guest Sales Associate will staff the museum admissions desks and box office with two primary responsibilities:
- Process general, exhibition and event admission tickets;
- Process membership sales (review, advise and process new, upgrade and renewal memberships) and other contributed support.
This part-time position requires an excellent understanding of customer service standards and possession of interpersonal skills necessary to consistently create an exceptional service experience for external and internal customers.
- Process general admission, special exhibition and other event tickets for members and guests in computerized ticketing system and securely maintain such transactions
- Exercise judgment and sales skills in evaluating customer needs and desire for new, renewal, upgraded or gift memberships or other museum support, and conclude appropriate sales or service transactions
- Provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in answering box office and membership HelpLine phone calls
- Promote any special exhibition or programming and the use of collection and exhibition audio guides
- Share information on special exhibitions, events and other DIA programming with museum guests
- Accept reservations for ticketed exhibitions/events via telephone and/or walk-up
- Assist in meeting admission, membership and other contributed revenue goals
- Maintain confidential and accurate records of all financial transactions
- Appropriately maintain the confidentiality of members’ personal and financial transaction information
- Assist with “Will Call” ticket distribution
- Represent the museum at membership sales opportunities at corporate and community events
- Prepare reports and summaries as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Direct sales experience
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Customer service experience and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, with strong problem-solving skills and capacity to use tact, discretion and sound judgment while providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-pasted and cultural diverse public environment
- Good basic computer knowledge
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to process transactions with accuracy and speed
- Ability to process, retain and share high volume of information (i.e. prices, programs, events etc.)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings and/or late nights
- Transportation required
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 PM (ET) on December 5, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
Holiday Support Associate
The holiday support associate delivers an exceptional in-store experience for our guests by supporting our sales and management team with whatever seasonal tasks need to be completed. Opportunities are available at various retail locations including Detroit and the surrounding Metro Area.
Responsibilities will include gift-wrapping, cashier, monogramming and greeting and any additional tasks needed to support the sales and management team.
- Ability to collaborate and work cohesively within a team setting.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast pace environment.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to juggle multiple tasks while quickly adapting to new situations.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
To apply, please visit https://www.shinola.com/careers
You may also apply via Handshake:
- Log into your Handshake Account
- Select “Jobs”
- In the Search field under “Job Search” enter Job ID 2111016
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
November is National Career Development Month. For over 50 years, career professionals have celebrated this time each year to encourage personal awareness and growth. This year, Wayne State University is celebrating in a big way.
National Career Development Week begins Monday, November 12th. If you haven’t been to Career Services recently, now is the time to stop in, learn a little about yourself, a lot more about today’s job market, and have some food and fun while you plan your future. Each day will offer a wide variety of career exploration and management activities including:
- Create Your Career Brand
- Speed Resume Review
- Career Assessments
- Professional Headshot Photos
- Career Vision Boards
The week’s whole agenda can be found at the Career Services’ website: www.careerservices.wayne.edu.
You don’t have to wait until then, however to jump start your career planning. Here are some quick ideas and important things you can do to keep yourself on track*.
- Acknowledge your favorite classes and assignments
- Improve and maintain your GPA
- Recognize past accomplishments (can we link to past article)
- Talk to someone whose job you find interesting
- Send and say Thank You to those who help you
- Meet with your Academic Advisor
- Learn about careers related to your interests at the U.S. Occupation Outlook Handbook
- Update your resume
- Identify transferrable skills by highlighting verbs on job descriptions
- Get Involved! Stop by DOSO to learn how
As always, if you want more help with developing career development strategies, visit or contact Career Services at www.careerservices.wayne.edu or (313) 577-3390 to schedule an appointment with a Career Planning Counselor – that’s what we’re here for!
References and Resources
*Adapted from https://www.usatoday.com/story/college/2011/11/01/november-is-national-career-development-month-here-are-25-ways-to-get-ahead/37387399/
WSU Dining Services (Aramark)is Hiring
- Student Baristas: Paid $9.40 per hour, part time employees for SCB or Anthony Wayne Starbucks. Hours vary from 7a – 11pm Daily.
- Student Food Service Workers: Paid $9.40 per hour. Part time employees for the various restaurants on campus. Hours vary from 7a – 11pm Daily.
- Late Night Grill Student Food Service Workers: Paid $9.40 per hour. Part time employee for the Late Night Grill in the SCB. Hours vary from 7pm – 3am
Email resumes & class schedules to Danielle Ismirle at Danielle.Ismirle@wayne.edu
Intern: ECM Program Management
- Maintenance of MAHLE PM systems – Integra
- Interface with PMs, assist them with MAHLE system data input and maintenance
- Special assignment – Assist PMs with meeting minutes, analysis and report creation
- May be required to physically transfer prototype parts or equipment
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development and support your potential in a targeted way. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback, exciting assignments, and the chance to assume responsibility. We reward solid performance with attractive remuneration, because our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. After proving yourself through your dedication, we offer you individualized support through “PerforM!”, the MAHLE talent relationship program. Start your path – with us.
The workplace has been forever changed by the advancements in technology. Employers want to hire individuals who are equipped to use digital technology efficiently and ethically to solve problems, accomplish goals and complete tasks.
What is Digital Technology? According to NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, an organization recognized as one of the leading resources for Career Readiness standards; the Digital Technology competency is the ability of an individual to effectively demonstrate adaptability to new and emerging technologies.
What does that look like in the workplace? An employee selecting and using a new technology which provides them with the opportunity to develop technological skills and create products, processes or designs.
How can you hone digital technology skills? Take part in experiential learning. Do an internship, co-op or volunteer. NACE reports nearly 50% of the student respondents who completed participated in experiential learning stated their “competencies were “very” to “extremely” improved by their internship/co-op experience.” Digital technology includes knowledge or expertise in social media platforms, various software, electronic presentation skills, web navigation and video conferencing just to name a few.
Employers want individuals who possess digital technology skills or can easily learn any new technologies with little difficulty. Take advantage of any opportunity which will enhance your digital technology skills. Next week we will explore another Career Readiness Competency. We want Wayne State University students to be Career Ready!
References and Resources
Detroit Athletic Club
- High school or Associates degree
- Knowledge of administrative/clerical procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in a spa
- Attention to detail, organization skills, able to multi-task
Organization for Bat Conservation
Animal Care Internship
The animal care intern for the Organization for Bat Conservation will be providing husbandry for exotic animals! This is an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in animal husbandry but also about bats and how they are important to ecosystems around the world. The education internship requires 20 hours per week for a 12-week period. A schedule can be set to meet the needs for both the intern and the organization. This position offers a $500 stipend (or we can work with you to fulfill your college requirements). The intern will be a part of a non-for-profit animal care team and collaborate closely with the animal keepers under the supervision of the Conservation Programming Director.
Bat Zone at 75 W Huron St. Pontiac, MI 48342
The intern’s work will include but is not limited to the following;
· Daily husbandry including diet preparation and enclosure cleaning
· Design a novel enrichment item
· Food and supply pick-up
· Enclosure and exhibit maintenance
· Participate in seasonal festivals and/or special events
· Animal observation and record keeping
· Problem solving and organizing records
Applicants should be undergraduate or graduate students though recent graduates may also apply. Preference will be given to candidates that have or are pursuing a college degree in Zoology, Conservation, Biology or a related field. Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation and be passionate about wildlife. Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift 50 lbs., have a valid driver’s license, and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions. To handle animals, candidates must show reliability and have received a rabies preexposure vaccine series. If you are in school, we can work with your schedule.
To apply, the following must be submitted:
- A letter of intent
- A resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
Please submit your application materials to Aja Marcato, Conservation Programming Director email@example.com.
Wolverine Human Services provides safety, sustenance, nurturing, and therapeutic intervention for children. Interested in work in this type of environment? Come and speak with reps from this organization and drop off a resume at their meet & greet.
Come join Us!!!
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
This position is responsible for general office duties in support of the Michigan Administrative Hearing System
(MAHS). Duties consist of reviewing and processing electronic documents, sending templated orders to interested parties, file preparation, providing case status information to callers and visitors, covering multi-line phone and processing all incoming mail.
Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
General Office Assistant 5
No specific type or amount of experience is required.
General Office Assistant 6
One year of administrative support experience.
General Office Assistant E7
Two years of administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to the intermediate level.
Additional Requirements and Information
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/GeneralOfficeAssistant_12692_7.pdf (Download PDF reader)
come a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
To work in retail is to be the face of Nike, Inc.. With a relentless focus on product knowledge and customer service, Nike Retail teams give valuable experiences to consumers every day. From Shanghai to San Francisco, every store has a unique perspective and hosts an inspiring community of sport and style devotees. A career in Nike Retail demands creativity and ambition and offers the opportunity to grow with some of the best athletes, teammates and retail partners in the industry.
EQUIP: Credible Athletes equip consumers through product and service knowledge and expertise.
ENGAGE: Connect with consumers by inviting them to engage with Nike.
INSPIRE: Inspire by creating an emotional connection to the brand between the consumer and Nike.
- Be passionate about Nike products and services.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to learn the fundamentals of all store Athlete roles, including but not limited to Service, Visual Presentation, and Stockroom.
- Deliver the best possible service an attention to all consumers.
- Assist the team in executing all daily retail operations to ensure premium service and smooth store functioning.
- Develop positive relationships with consumers and teammates.
- Be an active member of the store community by attending and supporting store events.
- Model reliability and flexibility by being able to work varied hours and days to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain knowledge of various store departments and be available to operate cash register for regular transactions, perform shipping and receiving duties, stock the floor, perform cleaning duties, and build visual displays when necessary.
- Must have or be pursuing a High School diploma or GED
- Able to perform basic math functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English
- Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, climb a ladder and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service
- One or more years of customer service and/or retail experience preferred
**** INTERESTED APPLICATIONS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK AT LEAST 4 HOURS PER DAY AT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:****
Summer Fun Center work hours:
Monday – Friday 2 PM – 6 PM
Kemeny Recreation Center work hours:
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 9 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 6 PM
- Organizes and directs free-play and planned group activities at a recreation site or facility.
- Organizes and gives instructions in team sports and group games.
- Runs field meets and sport days.
- Marks off playing field for games and maintains order.
- Ensures that equipment and apparatus are safe and properly used and prevents illegal or inappropriate behavior.
- Encourages participation in activities.
- Administers first aid.
- Ensures that grounds and equipment are being properly used.
- Ensures that groups or individuals have permits for use of playground, when required, and that spectators are not interfering with the players.
- Umpires sanctioned recreation championship games.
- Interprets rules of games, when required.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Maintains simple records and makes reports of activities.
- Assists professional recreation personnel in conducting programs and activities
High School Graduation or G.E.D and completion of one year of college coursework in community recreation, physical education, or a related field.
One year of experience in conducting organized recreational activities or in some athletic or related activity.
- Rules and equipment for the more common group games.
- Purposes and goals of organized recreation work.
- First aid methods.
- Administering first aid.
- Physical agility.
- Organize, teach and lead groups in various forms of directed recreational activities.
- Display understanding of and appropriate responses to childhood behavior.
- Administer first aid.
- Interact effectively with the public and children with tact and diplomacy.
- Display initiative and resourcefulness in promoting interest in recreational activities.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates considered for placement in this classification may be subject to a Criminal Background Investigation based on the requirements of the position.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to all seasonal conditions. This class is designated as a Special Service class to be administered under the provisions of Chapter 13 of Detroit City Code.
Department of Public Works
- Collaborate with staff on special projects which may include designing creative and effective marketing material for the City of Troy Department of Public Works pertaining to the Big Beaver Shuttle, recycling Initiatives for residents and staff, assist in other ongoing projects and attend DPW public engagement meetings.
- Gain broad experience in various aspects of marketing including branding, campaign planning and execution, data analysis, and valuable insight into public works functionalities.
- Develop literature to be utilized in the production of newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, brochures, and social media posts.
- Support daily activities of the DPW office by assisting with clerical and administrative duties; provides excellent customer service in person and over the phone.
- Develop knowledge of the policies, procedures and specific functions of the Public Works Department.
- Currently enrolled in a related program at the undergraduate or graduate level. Relevant majors include marketing, public relations, public administration, government, business administration, or other closely related majors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills including efficient internet searching and social media skills.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, is preferred.
- Valid Michigan driver license with a good driving record (based on City of Troy standards).
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical including drug screen.
Applications close on November 9th at 4:30 pm
SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN CENTER FOR MEDICAL EDUCATION (SEMCME)
Website and Registration Support
Basic Function and Responsibility
To provide overall support of the SEMCME Events and Registration System.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: (the order of listing is in no way based on priority)
- Learning and becoming proficient with SEMCME Registration System and all associated components, including the SEMCME website, CME Tracker Registration System, FTP Server, PayPal
- Troubleshooting issues with the overall Registration System and associated components
- Maintain the company email account designated for registration support by answering common questions and resolving registration issues
- Working with SEMCME Conference Managers to provide the following:
- Create/Publish/Remove Events as needed
- Upload content and images to the FTP Server for event publishing
- Open/Close Registration to Events
- Manually input registrations when needed
- Generate Sign-In sheets, Badges, and Walk-In forms for events
- Update registration system with attendance data
- Occasionally assist Conference Manager at events
General supervision is received from the Executive Director and Assistant Director.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook; Database management skills a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new technology tools/system (i.e. CME Tracker Registration System)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to David Pieper, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org.