MIRR is back!
2018 Mock Interview & Resume Review Event
March 19, 20, 21 & 22
10:00 am – 3:30 pm
1001 Faculty/Administration Building
This event fills fast!
If you are interested in participating, reserve your spot today!
Find all the info and details at http://careerservices.wayne.edu/mirr.php.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Women in Law Enforcement Webinar
Hosted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
When: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) invites you to participate in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Women in Law Enforcement Webinar from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28.
In partnership with the DHS Office of Academic Engagement, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will host a webinar for college and university student and recent graduate women interested in pursuing a law enforcement career at ICE. This webinar will feature a panel of female special agents and deportation officers who will share their experiences in law enforcement and career paths at ICE. In addition, human resource officials will explain the federal application process and highlight ICE career pathways for students and recent graduates.
This event is free for participants.
To register, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ICEWomeninLEWebinar. As space is limited, it is recommended you register soon.
More information regarding this webinar opportunity will continue to be shared with stakeholders and potential participants. Email AcademicEngagement@hq.dhs.gov should you have any questions regarding participation in the event.
The City of Ann Arbor Presents: Resume Writing, Applying & Interviewing Techniques
Please join HR Reps from the City of Ann Arbor who will be presenting information and answering questions about applying for jobs, interviewing skills, and resume writing techniques.
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Conference Room 1339 – Faculty/Administration Building (F/AB)
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Student Co-Op – Multi Term Program
(Southeast MI region) in Detroit, Michigan
Student Co-Op – Multi Term Program (Southeast MI region)-10267
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
DTE’s popular Co-op Program is accepting applications for students interested in working for DTE during 2018.
In order to make the application process easier, we have streamlined all jobs, in Southeast Michigan, to this posting. If you want to get professional experience, preferably in a field of your study, all you need to do is apply to this posting – regardless of your major.
Please note that this is a Multi-Term program. Students applying to this posting are indicating they are available to work two or more terms prior to graduation (i.e. Winter, Summer and/or Fall). Students who are only available to work during Summer should view and apply to our Summer Student Program posted from 12/1/17 – 2/28/18). Individuals applying to this posting, who can only work Summer, will not be considered.
During the application process you will be asked a series of questions. These questions will be used to best match your interests and background to one of our hundreds of opportunities. Our goal is to match you with an opportunity that will help enhance your education. Please make sure to answer all the questions, so we can make the best match possible.
Students who meet program eligibility requirements will be sent an assessment. Applicants who pass the assessment, will be forwarded to recruiters. Recruiters will reach out to candidates, as matches are made, between now and the end of August.
Degrees typically hired by DTE for the Co-op program, include, but are not limited to:
Engineering (all types), Science (all types), English, IT Related, Communications, Forestry, Business Admin/Mgt, Accounting/Finance, Math/Stats, Meterology, Forestry, GIS, Geography, Construction Mgt, Media Arts related, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Undeclared Majors, etc…
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in the program.
- Graduate seniors, from high school, who will be attending college in the Fall 2018 term, are eligible to participate, if they meet age requirements.
- All students must be, at least, 18 years of age by the time they start working to be eligible.
- Have a 2.5 minimum, cumulative GPA.
- College students will be asked to provide an official transcript as proof of eligibility prior to receiving an offer letter of employment. High School Seniors will be asked to provide a college acceptance letter prior to receiving an offer letter of employment.
- Some positions will require driving. Those positions will require the student to have a valid driver’s license, a reliable means of transportation and an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
For more information on our program, please visit the Student Employment section on our career webpage at https://www.dteenergy.jobs/student/new-jobs/ and search for Job ID: 10267
STUDENT INTERN – MARKETING
Under the direction of the marketing manager, this position assists the marketing staff in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics designed to support system growth objectives and increase brand awareness among key target audiences (e.g. prospective patients, caregivers, referring physicians, etc.). The marketing intern will manage projects from conception through measurement using strategic marketing resources, including market intelligence, performance data evaluation, target audience demographics, search analytics and ROI measurement tools. As an integrated team member, the marketing intern may work with staff in all areas of the marketing spectrum, including strategic planning, marketing communication, brand management, content strategy, web design, digital/social strategy, reputation management, CRM, data analysis and creative development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A qualified candidate must be enrolled in a four-year college or university with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communication, business administration or related field. Candidate must have good academic standing and achieved junior-level status or above. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be guided by a compelling client/customer orientation and commitment to superior service.
• Assist in the development, management and implementation of marketing plans for internal clients. Tactics may include: brochures, traditional and digital advertising campaigns, posters, direct mail, flyers and paid search strategies.
• Assist in the creation of written, digital, social and video content for use on corporate website, blog and social media properties.
• Assist in planning and coordinating marketing events, including lectures and community classes.
• Work closely with creative resources (writers, designers, photographers, videographers) and print vendors as needed to deliver final product.
• Assist in developing and assembling various corporate direct marketing efforts, i.e. mailings and informational packets.
• Collaborate with other teams on campaigns as needed, including web, public relations and system communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SKILLS
• Deadline driven and detail oriented with ability to work independently while managing numerous projects and customers using creative problem solving.
• Strong customer orientation and commitment to superior service.
• Strong critical thinking and verbal communication skills.
• Strong written communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation. AP Style guidelines and SEO knowledge a plus.
• Working knowledge of social media, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required.
A qualified individual must be able to perform each essential duty competently. The requirements listed above
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY AND HOURS
This is a paid, hourly position. Candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The corporate office is located in Detroit’s New Center Area, near the Fisher Building. Secure parking available.
Henry Ford Health System
1 Ford Place, 3B
Detroit, MI 48202
Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise,
and the like. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Submit email of inquiry, resume and two short writing samples to Julie Perez at email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
Manager, Service Line Marketing
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is
a national leader in clinical care, research and education. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.
Examine Your Pastimes and Hobbies
Career planning provides a great time also to examine the activities you like doing when you are not working or in school. It may sound a bit odd, to examine the things you like to do for fun, but it’s not. On average workers in the United States will spend approximately 90,000 hours working over their lifespans. Since that equates to at least one-third of a person’s waking hours, wouldn’t you want your work to be enjoyable? So, why not start your career planning by exploring the careers that surround your favorite activities? You may just find inspiration and viable career options.
Think you can’t make a hobby into a career? People do it all the time. The great painter Paul Gauguin was a successful businessperson who painted on the side. It actually wasn’t until he was encouraged by an artist he admired to continue painting that he finally took a serious look at his hobby and decided he should change careers. He was good a business, but his love was painting. More recently, Diana Gabaldon, best-selling author of the Outlander series has her Ph.D. in Quantitative Behavioral Ecology and according to her bio “spent a dozen years as a university professor with an expertise in scientific computation” when she wrote her first Outlander novel “for practice.”
Many times your hobbies and leisurely pursuits can give you great insight into future career paths. For example if you like to read, there are several career paths within law, media, education and publishing that require professionals to be well-read to keep current in their field. As you explore, though, challenge yourself to go beyond the obvious. Just because you like sports or performing arts, does not mean you are cut out to be successful in those fields. There are so many more options (that make a very decent living) between the starving artist and superstar! You owe it to yourself to check them out! So, the next time you are out enjoying your favorite pastimes, try these activities:
- Interview a new person each time to learn more about different career pathways first-hand.
- Brainstorm and record the jobs you see – be sure to include the peripheral and supporting jobs along with the primary careers.
- Check out related industries and occupations online at O*NET or on job boards
For more career exploration ideas, visit or contact Career Services at www.careerservices.wayne.edu or (313) 577-3390 to schedule an appointment with a Career Planning Counselor.
References & Resources
Logicalis is currently hiring full-time Service Desk Technicians to work in their Bloomfield Hills, Michigan office. They offer best in class benefits with very competitive rates. This role comes with paid training, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, 401K flexible hours, career advancement opportunities, and much more. Any students and alumni that are interested in learning more about this role, please apply to the link below with your current resume and Logicalis will follow up regarding the next steps.
Tuesday, February 13th 2018
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Conference Room 1339 – Faculty/Administration Building (F/AB) – Career Services
Faculty/Administration Building (F/AB) – Career Services 656 W Kirby Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48202, United States
HR Reps from the City of Ann Arbor will be presenting information and answering questions about applying for jobs, interviewing skills, and resume writing techniques.
Tuesday, February 27th 2018
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Student Center Building, Hilberry E & F
The Leadership Mission Statement exercise conducted by City Year will help students pinpoint their core values which guide academic and career decision making. Following this session student will be able to identify leadership opportunities that align with their purpose. All students welcome and open to all majors. This is a great professional development opportunity!
Store Counter Sales (Part-Time)
(Req ID 3336-89709)
Tentative Schedule: Must be available to work flexible schedule
Our Store Counter Sales team members are knowledgeable and energetic with a passion for automotive parts. They believe in taking care of the customer, as well as the power of teamwork. Our Store Counter Sales team members deliver excellent customer service and ensure a positive customer experience. They also support management in the accomplishment of assigned tasks, including maintaining inventory control and store appearance.
- Take pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Available to work flexible work schedule
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced retail environment
- Knowledge of cataloging and/or inventory management systems a plus
- Automotive parts, equipment or systems knowledge
- ASE certification preferred
How to Apply:
Social Media & Digital Content Creator
This freelance position will create content, provide game coverage and help manage social media strategies and campaigns that engage and excite fans and support our business objectives.
- Provide game coverage across social media platforms for assigned games.
- Attend and actively contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Social Media & Communications to shape content and copy for digital and social platforms (foxsportsdetroit.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube).
- Organize and evaluate content for assigned games.
- Meaningfully collaborate with the brand partnerships.
- Be ready and willing to pitch in on content activations for special events coverage, fan events and marketing campaigns.
- Staying up to date with emerging platforms.
- Approximately 15 hours per week.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including social media copy writing and proofreading.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of Detroit Sports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ year professional social media experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Experience with online marketing, social media analytics tools and back-end systems.
- Ability to work as part of a high-functioning team in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Detail-oriented and ability to be organized while multi-tasking.
- Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator) required.
Please send resumes to-Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Journalist for NBA and NHL
Sportradar (www.sportradar.com), the global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital client is actively looking for Live Data Journalists to attend NBA and NHL games.
Sportradar has official agreements which allow us to cover NBA and NHL matches from
the press areas at the venues.
Data Journalists (or Scouts) must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Ability to attend live NBA and NHL games for live statistic gathering.
- Be an expert and knowledgeable in all NHL / NBA rules, teams and players.
- Understand and demonstrate experience with modern communication devices (Communication will be done primarily via email and texts, and Scouts will be asked to use mobile tools (laptop, tablet) for training, communication and planning.
- Be fluent in the English language (verbal and written).
- Highly communicative.
- Ability to easily travel to venues of live NHL / NBA games.
Payment will be made per single sports event. Additionally we will reimburse transport and parking expenses. More information can be found at https://www.sportsdata.ag, or by emailing USrecruitment@sportradar.com.
We are actively interviewing candidates, for immediate consideration
Please email your resume to USrecruitment@sportradar.com
Why teach for TPR? Our instructors love what they do! This an intellectually challenging job that allows you to make a profound difference in the lives of your students and society as large as you help the next generation of college students prepare for their exams. It’s hard to adequately describe the satisfaction you’ll get when your students contact you on score release day to tell you how well they did, and how they couldn’t have done it without you.
Our classes and scheduling are flexible, and you can fit teaching for us in alongside college or grad school classes, other jobs and lab work, and even graduate school. Our base pay is competitive and you’ll have plenty of opportunities for professional development!
– Bright, engaging, dynamic presence in front of the classroom
– Teaching or tutoring experience is preferred, but not required — we’ll train you!
– Competitive prior test scores preferred, but not required — you will be required to take a qualifying test for the subject you apply to.
– A car for transportation is preferred, but not required.
We’ll reach out to you ASAP. Qualified applicants can expect to have a phone interview, take a qualifying exam and perform a teaching audition. If you’re accepted based on these factors, you’ll be invited to an instructor training.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply please go to: https://www.princetonreview.com/teachforus
QUICKWAY SERVICES. 30968 INDUSTRIAL RD. LIVONIA MI 48150.
Part Time Night Dispatcher
The Dispatcher is charged with the coordination and optimal utilization of terminal equipment and driver resources assigned. Dispatcher responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Getting complete and accurate information from the customers, relaying to the drivers and entering into the dispatch/billing system
- Assignment of resources to service the customer needs and handle shipments in the most economical manner while abiding by all regulatory requirements and company policies
- Follow-up and continued review of “in progress” loads to satisfactory customer completion
- Completion of assigned load in the system to include coding of accessorial and special pay(s)
- Acts as a primary liaison between drivers and Terminal Manager to effect problem resolution
- Coordinates equipment repairs, maintenance with appropriate department or vendor
- Provides regulatory and administrative assistance to the Terminal Manager
- Two positions available…
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night shift 11pm – 7am
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night shift 11pm – 7am
A successful Dispatcher candidate must demonstrate the ability to organize, control and manage the successful delivery of customer orders. The process requires the ability to work closely with groups of people, including company employees at all levels, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors. The position requires integration of negotiation skills, analysis of problems, and the ability to understand and translate the company goals into appropriate actions.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy and the ability to function in an electronic communication environment is essential.
A working knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements is necessary. A commitment to comply with and support safety standards, as well as, all regulatory and company policies and procedures is imperative. Prior dispatch experience is a plus. Pay to be commensurate with experience.
Other Pay Excellent Benefits and Retirement for Full Time Employees
Employment Type Part-Time
Job Type Transportation
Education High School
Experience At least 1 year(s)
Manages Others Yes
Required Travel None
Job ID Part Time Night Dispatcher
Pay Rate Determined by experience
PLEASE FAX YOUR RESUME TO 734-762-9673
Now Hiring! Full-time, Part-time and seasonal positions available!
Moving & driving
As a mover or truck driver, you will have a partner and together provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer’s possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine skills obtained from previous experience working in general labor positions such as; truck driving, landscaping, construction or warehouse labor with their customer service talents.
What We Offer
- -Raises at 90 days, 6 months and 1 year
- -Earn tips from customers – average of $150+ per week
- -Bonus opportunities – ranging between $25-$250 per month + hourly increases
- -Paid time off after 1 year of employment
- -401k with company match
- -Career advancement opportunities
- -Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- -Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
- -Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with customer
- -Assist truck driver with truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- -Share responsibility with the truck driver in accurately completing paperwork and payment collection
Because moving is stressful, we seek candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job! We train for these positions, however, experience in warehouse work, truck driving, construction, or other general labor positions is helpful!
-Valid driver’s license and good driving record
-Willing to submit to pre-employment background check and regular drug screening
-High school diploma or equivalent
-Stamina to lift heavy items (100 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
-Excellent customer service skills
-Professional attitude and demeanor
-Experience in the fields of general labor, truck driving, material handling, landscaping, material handler, construction or warehouse helpful
-Good hand-eye coordination