Oakland County: Law Clerk (Court Clerk)
Do not apply on-line.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email Judge Lisa L. Asadoorian a cover letter, resume, references and a criminal and civil writing sample to:
52/3 District Court
700 Barclay Circle
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Under direct supervision of District Court Judge Lisa L. Asadoorian, the Law Clerk assists in District Court proceedings; maintains files; performs legal research; and provides information and assistance to the judge, court personnel, attorneys and the general public. Additionally, the law clerk is responsible for maintaining decorum in the court room and opening and closing court. The candidate must possess strong research and writing skills and have the ability to timely draft written opinions and court rulings as well as assist with clerical work for the judge.Minimum Qualifications
1. A recent graduate from an accredited school of law able to work full time.
2. Pass the employment medical examination provided by the County of Oakland.
1. Must have strong research and writing skills.
2. Proficient with current computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet and legal research programs.
3. The ability to communicate and work with attorneys, court personnel and the general public.