Full-Time CBS Television Station
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Southfield, MI
- The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative, clerical, and staff support duties which requires a range of knowledge involving organizational procedures and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Opens and closes front lobby (Visitor) entrance Monday – Friday.
- Screens visitors of the stations following station policy regarding entry beyond lobby area. Ensures no one is admitted inside our facilities without having signed in, is wearing station identification, and must be escorted by a station employee.
- Screens calls related to Sales and directs caller to the appropriate Sales Manager or Sales Team Member.
- Greets visitors for Sales/Commercial Production and notifies appropriate personnel so that guests are escorted to the proper location for sales and/or commercial shoots.
- Answers viewer general calls related to programming; public file; current job postings; etc. Transfers calls as necessary.
- Accepts and logs deliveries from various sources including UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. which come in throughout the day. Notifies appropriate recipient to pick-up their delivery as soon as possible so that boxes are not left in the lobby overnight.
- Monitors security cameras and notifies Human Resources and Department Heads regarding suspicious activity if detected. Notifies the authorities when necessary.
- Screens and greets guests of our Community Affairs shows (Street Beat and Michigan Matters) making sure guests and panelists are properly documented and escorted inside our facilities by a staff member.
- Downloads daily programming schedule by episode and vendor for MCR.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to multitask and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team preferred
- Must be able to work the hours set; punctuality and reliability is required
- Must be neat and professional in appearance
- Previous experience as a Receptionist is preferred
CLICK BELOW TO APPLY