DIA: Guest Sales Associate
The Guest Sales Associate will staff the museum admissions desks and box office with two primary responsibilities:
- Process general, exhibition and event admission tickets;
- Process membership sales (review, advise and process new, upgrade and renewal memberships) and other contributed support.
This part-time position requires an excellent understanding of customer service standards and possession of interpersonal skills necessary to consistently create an exceptional service experience for external and internal customers.
- Process general admission, special exhibition and other event tickets for members and guests in computerized ticketing system and securely maintain such transactions
- Exercise judgment and sales skills in evaluating customer needs and desire for new, renewal, upgraded or gift memberships or other museum support, and conclude appropriate sales or service transactions
- Provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in answering box office and membership HelpLine phone calls
- Promote any special exhibition or programming and the use of collection and exhibition audio guides
- Share information on special exhibitions, events and other DIA programming with museum guests
- Accept reservations for ticketed exhibitions/events via telephone and/or walk-up
- Assist in meeting admission, membership and other contributed revenue goals
- Maintain confidential and accurate records of all financial transactions
- Appropriately maintain the confidentiality of members’ personal and financial transaction information
- Assist with “Will Call” ticket distribution
- Represent the museum at membership sales opportunities at corporate and community events
- Prepare reports and summaries as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Direct sales experience
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Customer service experience and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, with strong problem-solving skills and capacity to use tact, discretion and sound judgment while providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-pasted and cultural diverse public environment
- Good basic computer knowledge
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to process transactions with accuracy and speed
- Ability to process, retain and share high volume of information (i.e. prices, programs, events etc.)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings and/or late nights
- Transportation required
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 PM (ET) on December 5, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.