DIA: Visitor Services Representative
This position consistently demonstrates their understanding of the customer service processes, service standards and interpersonal skills necessary to consistently create an exceptional service. Performs related work as required.
- Performs tasks associated with supporting the museum experience during a special exhibition (i.e. audio guide distribution, ticket handling)
- Provides complimentary guest services (i.e. wheelchairs, storage of backpacks, bags, coat check, etc.)
- Contributes actively to a warm and friendly atmosphere by greeting visitors and provides general information and direction throughout their visit
- Directs visitors and groups to maintain crowd control and monitors exhibition traffic flow to maintain a positive visitor experience
- Completes equipment set-up and fulfills signage requests for museum programs
- Stocks museum maps, brochures and other literature in the museum lobbies and in various galleries and literature kiosks
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Visitor Services
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills based on recent customer service experience
- Capacity to successfully handle multiple and competing tasks
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, display calmness in the face of changing priorities while demonstrating the flexibility and willingness to provide a positive experience for each museum visitor
- Capacity to use tact, discretion and sound judgment while providing exceptional customer service
- Based on assignment, position may require a great deal of moving and/or maintaining a stationary position for at least four (4) hours, the ability to move 30 pounds, and to reach overhead during the shift.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings and/or late nights
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 PM (EST) on September 25, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.