Part-Time Studio Assistant
Assist visitors in finding personal meaning in art and with each other by facilitating art-making workshops and other public programs, both in the museum and off-site at fairs, festivals and other venues throughout Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County. Performs related work as required.
- Represent the DIA through meaningful interactions with museum visitors and the general public.
- Facilitate both art-making and other museum experiences for the public. Programs can include, but are not limited to, art-making workshops (both at the museum and offsite at fairs, festivals, and other venues throughout the tri-county area), drawing in the museum galleries, assisting with artist demonstrations, guiding visitors through DIA Away (the museum’s mobile experience) and assisting with other non-art-making museum programs.
- Organize, prepare, and cleanup of studio space and materials, collaborate with museum staff, and participate in professional development activities.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Fine Arts / Art Education or related experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of art-making media
- Computer literate
- Ability to move artwork, supplies, and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, some evenings and/or late nights and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 PM (EST) on September 10, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
To Apply Visit: