Co-Op Opportunity: Non-Metals Materials
Wayne State University
Hello Science and Chemical Engineering Majors,
Please find below, a co-op opportunity starting September 2018.
Tenneco Inc., Monroe, MI
Non-Metals Materials Co-op
- Set-up tests and evaluations in the Materials Engineering Laboratory
- Interpret coating and coating test specifications
- Collect, summarize and communicate test data to business units, product engineering, process engineering, Quality and plant operations.
- Perform coating analyses.
- Perform oil and grease analyses.
- Provide technical support of cost reduction programs.
- Assist in the maintenance of Materials Engineering Laboratory’s TS16949 and ISO 14001 certification and related procedures.
- Maintain Materials Engineering Laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Support and adhere to Tenneco EH&S policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks as instructed by Materials Engineering Management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Working knowledge of Windows based word processing and spread sheet programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude for test equipment and measurement operations.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Experience in a laboratory setting is a plus
Available to work 2 rotations prior to graduation (fall 2018 and summer 2019), starting September 2018,
If you meet the requirements, please submit a resume to Maureen.email@example.com, WSU Career Services, 1001 FAB. Deadline: July 11, 2018.
If you are offered this opportunity and accepts, please contact me so that I may officially register you as a co-op student.
Your resume should reflect relevant courses and/or experiences. Please do not hesitate to call with questions (313-577-3390).