Detroit Institute of the Arts: Visitor Services Representative (Part-Time)
Visitor Services Representative
(Part-Time, Temp 05/16/18 – 09/30/18)
This position consistently demonstrates their understanding of the customer service processes, service standards and interpersonal skills necessary to consistently create an exceptional service.
- Performs tasks associated with supporting the museum experience during a special exhibition (i.e. audio guide distribution, ticket handling)
- Provides complimentary guest services (i.e. wheelchairs, storage of backpacks, bags, coat check, etc.)
- Contributes actively to a warm and friendly atmosphere by greeting visitors and provides general information and direction throughout their visit
- Directs visitors and groups to maintain crowd control and monitors exhibition traffic flow to maintain a positive visitor experience
- Completes equipment set-up and fulfills signage requests for museum programs
- Stocks museum maps, brochures and other literature in the museum lobbies and in various galleries and literature kiosks
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Visitor Services
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills based on recent customer service experience
- Capacity to successfully handle multiple and competing tasks
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, display calmness in the face of changing priorities while demonstrating the flexibility and willingness to provide a positive experience for each museum visitor
- Capacity to use tact, discretion and sound judgment while providing exceptional customer service
- Based on assignment, position may require a great deal of moving and/or maintaining a stationary position for at least four (4) hours, the ability to move 30 pounds, and to reach overhead during the shift.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings and/or late nights
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by close of business day, March 16, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
To apply please visit: