Social Media & Digital Content Creator – Freelance
Social Media & Digital Content Creator
This freelance position will create content, provide game coverage and help manage social media strategies and campaigns that engage and excite fans and support our business objectives.
- Provide game coverage across social media platforms for assigned games.
- Attend and actively contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Social Media & Communications to shape content and copy for digital and social platforms (foxsportsdetroit.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube).
- Organize and evaluate content for assigned games.
- Meaningfully collaborate with the brand partnerships.
- Be ready and willing to pitch in on content activations for special events coverage, fan events and marketing campaigns.
- Staying up to date with emerging platforms.
- Approximately 15 hours per week.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including social media copy writing and proofreading.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of Detroit Sports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ year professional social media experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Experience with online marketing, social media analytics tools and back-end systems.
- Ability to work as part of a high-functioning team in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Detail-oriented and ability to be organized while multi-tasking.
- Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator) required.