QUICKWAY SERVICES. 30968 INDUSTRIAL RD. LIVONIA MI 48150.
Part Time Night Dispatcher
The Dispatcher is charged with the coordination and optimal utilization of terminal equipment and driver resources assigned. Dispatcher responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Getting complete and accurate information from the customers, relaying to the drivers and entering into the dispatch/billing system
- Assignment of resources to service the customer needs and handle shipments in the most economical manner while abiding by all regulatory requirements and company policies
- Follow-up and continued review of “in progress” loads to satisfactory customer completion
- Completion of assigned load in the system to include coding of accessorial and special pay(s)
- Acts as a primary liaison between drivers and Terminal Manager to effect problem resolution
- Coordinates equipment repairs, maintenance with appropriate department or vendor
- Provides regulatory and administrative assistance to the Terminal Manager
- Two positions available…
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night shift 11pm – 7am
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night shift 11pm – 7am
A successful Dispatcher candidate must demonstrate the ability to organize, control and manage the successful delivery of customer orders. The process requires the ability to work closely with groups of people, including company employees at all levels, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors. The position requires integration of negotiation skills, analysis of problems, and the ability to understand and translate the company goals into appropriate actions.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy and the ability to function in an electronic communication environment is essential.
A working knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements is necessary. A commitment to comply with and support safety standards, as well as, all regulatory and company policies and procedures is imperative. Prior dispatch experience is a plus. Pay to be commensurate with experience.
Other Pay Excellent Benefits and Retirement for Full Time Employees
Employment Type Part-Time
Job Type Transportation
Education High School
Experience At least 1 year(s)
Manages Others Yes
Required Travel None
Job ID Part Time Night Dispatcher
Pay Rate Determined by experience