Internship Alert: City of Detroit
Campaign Office Intern – Fundraising / Finance
Mike Duggan is committed to restoring Detroit’s neighborhoods and ensuring a brighter future
for every Detroiter. We need your help to rebuild Detroit into the kind of city Detroiters deserve and of which we can all be proud. We are currently seeking applicants to perform duties as a Campaign Office Intern.
- Attend fundraising events with the Mayor and conduct post-event follow up including data entry and spreadsheet reconciliation. Assist Director of Operations with accounting work. Assist fundraising team with finance events and donor outreach.
- Contact potential event hosts, research neighborhood events, organize and update event calendar, provide support during events, conduct site visits. This is an unpaid intern.
- Research varying organizations within each constituency group and creating a list of these groups with key contact names and phone numbers, attend meetings with constituency group leaders and taking notes at meetings for group leaders, attend events organized by outreach team and constituency group leaders, and make phone calls a day before an event to verify all information.
For more information and to apply, please email cover letter and resume to Lindsey Yono at email@example.com
- High School graduate and currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate college program
- Must have a strong interest in politics with relevant coursework or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
- Organized and quick learner
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask independently and demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail and timing as well as excellence in execution
- Proven organizational, research and analytical skills
- Ability to work and contribute in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Understanding of political and legislative processes
This is an unpaid intern.
Part-Time or Full-Time 15-40 hours/week
Duration of Internship
Summer 2017 Internship (April – August) – Variations Available
Email cover letter and resume to Lindsey Yono at firstname.lastname@example.org