ALMMII: Accounting Internship Opportunity
LIFT, operated by ALMMII, a national advanced manufacturing R&D institute, is seeking a part-time (25 hours) Finance/Accounting intern for its Detroit (Corktown) office. This is a paid position and the student will handle a variety of duties and have an opportunity to learn more about non-profit and government accounting.
- Post journal entries
- Assist with accounts receivable-process invoices and post cash receipts
- Process accounts payable
- Assist with month-end financial reports
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports for accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting standards
- Other duties as assigned
Functional and Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- high level of integrity, accuracy, confidentiality and dependability
The student must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local university with a major in Business, Finance, Accounting, along with successful completion of first year accounting.
Forward all resumes to SGarbovan@lift.technology