RGBSI Targets WSU for Tooling Engineer
RGBSI, is dedicated to provide highest quality service to our clients and employees. We are proud to be primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. Because of our clients’ continued growth, we are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working with people and to be a partner to leading US companies.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The tooling engineer is responsible for the day to day management of the development and launch of tooling and tooling projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* As assigned, reviews product drawings for manufacturing feasibility and recommends design changes as required for compliance with manufacturing capabilities, cost and product performance.
* Recommends tooling suppliers based on knowledge of a tooling suppliers performance, quality, communication, and delivery.
* Reviews with the tooling suppliers, through on-site and written communication the necessary processing and the design of each new tool to assure optimum performance with respect to production capability, tool durability, and tooling standards.
* Schedules and attends weekly meetings with Program Management to both gather and communicate information related to the assigned tooling project.
* Reviews tooling construction progress at the various tooling suppliers to assure conformances to required quality standards and time line. Schedules and resolves through consultation with tool source management any engineering difficulties or deviations from anticipated work schedules or due dates. Monitors the status of all assigned areas of their assigned tooling project through the management of data in the Tooling Tracking System (TTS).
* Completes and documents in the TTS, all tooling status reports to assure timing of program and to manage any deviations. Escalates issues of timing or other major issues to the tooling manager as soon as the issues are known.
* Manages and communicates the tooling development status through the TTS and TTS Summary in weekly and monthly tooling meetings as scheduled.
* Attends tooling tryouts at the tool shops and plants to assure that the tool is producing a quality part per the math or print data and ensures the designated sign off of suppliers and manufacturing plant per the TTS.
* Evaluates tooling problems occurring within the manufacturing plants and consults with the necessary personnel as to the corrective action to be taken.
* Leads estimating the cost of new tooling and tooling that require engineering changes.
* Travel of up to 70% is required.
* Strong bias for action and follow-through
* Ability for international travel
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* Hands on skills and experience with tooling and tooling materials for acoustical products and soft trim for automotive
* Good communication skills both written & oral
* Ability to use AutoCAD, Catia, SpinFire and MS Office
* Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or 5 years’ experience in tool manufacturing
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, vision, paid time off and holidays, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and tuition reimbursement. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.