City of Dearborn Looking for Hire an Assistant Recreation Supervisor
ASSISTANT RECREATION SUPERVISOR
Dearborn Ice Skating Center
SALARY: Minimum: $41,820 per year Maximum: $50,184 per year
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
The employee assists the Facilities Manager in the supervision and operation of an indoor, year-round ice arena. The employee supervises a large number of part-time and seasonal personnel engaged in recreation, maintenance, and clerical duties related to the facility. Although general direction is received from the Facilities Manager, the duties and responsibilities require considerable independent judgment and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See reverse side for complete job description)
- Assists the Facilities Manager in supervising and scheduling the use of the DISC for hockey games, public skating, learn-to-skate classes, intro-to-hockey classes, youth and adult hockey leagues, banquet hall activities, etc; assumes full responsibility for arena operations in the absence of the Facilities Manager. Work schedule will include a combination of days, nights and weekends.
- Supervises a large number of seasonal and part-time staff engaged in the day-to-day operation of the DISC. This includes the concession stand, pro shop, maintenance of the facility and recreational programming.
- Organizes, plans and coordinates DISC programs including learn-to-skate classes, youth hockey leagues, adult hockey leagues, advertising opportunities, figure skating clinics, hockey clinics, tournaments, competitions, etc.
- Trains staff, schedules maintenance, orders supplies and prepares necessary reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the operation of an ice arena, including concession stand and pro shop operations..
- Knowledge of related building and equipment maintenance and safety requirements, including the Zamboni ice resurfacer, refrigeration equipment, ice installation and ice maintenance.
- Knowledge of business record keeping and bookkeeping practices.
- Ability to effectively supervise large numbers of maintenance, recreation, and clerical personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to maintain positive public and employee relations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Some college credit, supplemented by courses in business or recreation administration and refrigeration maintenance; or an equivalent combination of experience and training resulting in the necessary skills. Experience in the operation of an indoor ice arena, including supervisory experience.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org