Information Technology Technician Needed for Manton Consolidated Schools
POSITON: Information Technology Technician – Full Time (Non Union)
PER HOUR: $15 per hour with excellent benefits package
SCHEDULE: 40 Hours per week, 12 month position
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 9, 2014 or as soon as possible
The Information Technology Technician works under the Information Technology Director. This position assists all staff and students within the district in resolving issues during the first point of contact. Forms of communications will include telephone, email, voicemail, chat, ticket system and in-person support. Duties include technical question/problem diagnosis; troubleshooting of network printers; tracking of inventory and related assets; wiring of network cables; general assistance with technology projects and as well as other duties as assigned. The IT Technician will be able to clearly communicate technical solutions in a userfriendly,
professional manner; will handle confidential information in an appropriate professional manner and will assist in providing a positive safe environment. The individual must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast pace and deadline oriented environment.
- High School diploma with a minimum of two years of relevant experience required.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Information System preferred.
- Experience in Information Technology preferred.
- Experience in educational settings preferred.
- Experience with 1:1 device education preferred.
- Technology Knowledge Required:
- Keyboarding proficiency.
- Ability to use email, voicemail and Google Chat and related technologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
- Basic knowledge of the operation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 7 and 8 operating systems and iOS X.
- Basic knowledge with the command line interface.
- Intermediate troubleshooting skills for computer hardware, OS, applications, desktop and related technology devices.
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills for laser jet printers, scanners and fax machines.
- General knowledge of Google Education (Google Drive, Form, Presentation and etc.) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mobile and tablet devices (iPad, Kindle, Chromebook and etc.) preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Possess excellent professional customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- May be required to take on-call duty, and when on-call, may be require to alter work schedule in order to work during the weekend or evenings.
- Must be able to perform physical activities including; lifting heavy equipment (up to 35lbs.), climbing a ladder, standing for an extended period of time.
- Hiring will be subject to criminal check as required by law. No prior conviction of immoral acts contributing to the delinquency of a child or felony involving moral turpitude.
- WorkKeys testing, employment physical with drug screening.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Prior experience working in a secure environment preferred.
If interested in the position, send cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a copy of transcripts to the following address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 2, 2015.
Manton Consolidated Schools
Ming Mays, Information Technology Director
105 Fifth Street
Manton, MI 49663
Whatever it takes, Manton students are worth it!