Midrange Server Development Program (Recent Graduate)
Midrange Server Development Program (Recent Graduate)
Job Location: Pontiac, MI
Midrange Server Development Program (Recent Graduate)- Job ID #1217010
HP’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) recruits and trains next generation technical and business professionals in the Midrange, Network & Storage/BUR capabilities within Global Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing (ITO). ITO is the largest line of business for HP Enterprise Services and combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to clients. This rotational development program will be supplemented by both a technical and business learning/certification path. Additionally, the ITO Graduate Development Program:
• Provides a structured program from which to launch a career in IT
• Supports the participant with a fully-developed mentorship program from day one, with mentors at various levels of career development
• Exposes the participant to executives and the organization’s overall make-up and strategy
• Trains the participant in not only technical skills, but also in general professional skills and business acumen
The Graduate Development Program recruits recent college graduates each year. Participants hired within the same calendar year are grouped into a class. This is a unique opportunity for both HP and the new hires as it creates a group of peers who work together to learn the HP way and introduces them to a corporate environment. GDP currently has three career tracks being offered – Midrange, Network and Storage/BUR (Back-Up & Restore):
– The Midrange (Server) Development Program, located in Pontiac, Michigan, consists of three rotations over a two-year period. The program begins with a nine-month rotation through server build, followed by a nine-month rotation in one of the following areas: production engineering, portfolio, or solution integration and design. The program concludes with a six-month rotation in one of four Midrange capabilities: Oracle, Virtualization, Windows, or UNIX/Linux.
GDP gives you a unique opportunity to develop personal relationships with executives including Vice Presidents and Directors. GDP offers an excellent opportunity to interact with key executives of the corporation in the areas of support, encouragement and acknowledgement. All participants are assigned a mentor and a buddy. The mentor is an employee with years of experience and scores of expertise, while the buddy is a fellow program participant who has been, at minimum, a year with the GDP.
With HP being a large global corporation, it is able to offer all of its employees a vast amount of resources. Included in this are career-focused web trainings on a large number of topics, ranging from technical learning to career and professional skill development. In addition, access to digital textbooks, especially those regarding technical topics and certifications are made available to HP employees.
GDP holds both philanthropic and social events for its participants. GDP participants have been involved in numerous regional activities, including Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Habitat for Humanity, Walk for Multiple Sclerosis, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and local food banks. Social events include outings such as happy hours, dinners, sporting events and competitions.
Desired candidates must be completing a bachelor’s degree program with a focus on any of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology. Participants must also meet the minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA with excellent recommendations from professors/internship
• One year window from graduation
Additionally, below are the skills and or experience we look for:
• Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Red Hat, Solaris
• Database: Oracle, SQL
• Coursework or experience in database admin, data center, server, system admin, cloud computing, VMware, virtualization , Storage Area Network Admin, database design and normalization, backup/restore/recovery
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Job – Services
Primary Location – United States-Michigan-Pontiac
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Graduate Job
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No
Job Posting – Apr 1, 2014
Job ID: 1217010
In a Services job at HP, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and knowledge to provide technical services and develop IT business solutions. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, consider these Services job opportunities, and join us at HP.
If interested please apply via the following link: https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1217010
OR email your resume to email@example.com