Technology Internship (Req #185135)
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2018
Auburn Hills, MI
The Technology Intern will work on active projects directly impacting and influencing project outcomes, while identifying and recommending enhancements to existing processes/procedures. After successful completion of the Internship program participants may be invited to return the following summer and/or be considered for Comerica’s Technical Professional Analyst Rotational Program (eligible upon graduation).
Successful incumbents possess intellectual horsepower, have time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, process management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Apply basic technology skills
- Participate in project/operational activities
- Identify, evaluate and determine risk
- Identify and recommend enhancements to existing processes/procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Technology Leadership and team
- This internship is scheduled for the summer only
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- College level status
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited University
- Technology, Engineering or Mathematics related major(s)
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
For Additional Information and How to Apply:
BERN Internship – Data Mining
Farmington Hills, MI, USA
System and Advanced Engineering is responsible for mechatronic and control system development involving traditional combustion engine, hybrid electric powertrains and electric vehicles. We work with vehicle manufacturers and internal business groups to create proof-of-concepts for advanced powertrain systems.
Bosch uses transportation modeling tools to evaluate the effect of automated and connected vehicles on future traffic patterns and energy use. This internship involves working with, analyzing, and finding patterns in very large transportation-related datasets and simulation results. The intern may also be involved in analyzing large powertrain and engine related datasets. The intern will help characterize next-generation powertrain requirements.
– Graduate student in an engineering discipline with interest in automotive research
– Prior data mining / machine learning experience
– Experience with Python or Matlab / Simulink
– Existing experience working in an academic or industrial research environment
– Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For More Information and To Apply:
Building Department Clerical Internship
The Charter Township of Shelby Township Building Department is accepting application for a clerical intern. The hourly rate of pay for this position starts at $10.27 an hour, no benefits. Qualified candidates must be enrolled in school in order to be considered for this internship.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, understand the importance of customer service and have the ability to adapt to a high-volume stressful environment.
Desired schedule: Monday through Friday, mornings preferred. However, the Township is willing to work around set school schedules.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by the Human Resource Department. EOE
Media Communications Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $44,518 – $49,468 DOQ
Deadline: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Provides a variety of routine and complex administrative and technical work in support of all departments in achieving their goals of promoting the City to the local community and beyond. Special emphasis shall be on economic development initiatives including but not limited to promoting Downtown Auburn Hills and the Auburn Hills business community.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media Relations, Journalism or a related field, and two (2) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
Please complete an employment application and mail with cover letter and resume to: City of Auburn Hills Human Resources, 1827 N. Squirrel Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see the Media Communications Specialist job description.
Charge Nurse (Req ID #30063080)
***SIGN ON BONUS $1,500 FOR PART TIME***
In the interested of meeting our community’s needs for a continuum of care, Botsford Continuing Care Corporation, in concert with the Botsford Health care, Will provide an environment in which clients will receive personal attention by health care professionals dedicated to maintaining their health, safety, independence, comfort, and dignity during their residence through state of the art medical, nursing, dietary, therapeutic, recreational, spiritual and quality of life programs within aesthetically pleasing facilities and grounds.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assigns responsibility to nurse assistants for the direct nursing care of specific residents during the shift.
- Assesses resident care needs and supervises nurse assistants in attending to resident care needs.
- Supervises all documentation of nursing assistants.
- Writes original resident care plan and updates plan as the needs of the resident changes. Prepares care plans for the interdisciplinary conferences.
- Records all changes in residents condition on the progress notes and maintains nurses records.
- Passes medications, counts narcotics at the change of shift and insures that all the treatments prescribed by the physician are completed per the order.
- Orders medications from the pharmacy.
- Makes frequent rounds during the shift to ensure that residents are properly dressed, bathed, shaved, turned, positioned, etc. Directs and supervises the nurse assistants rendering care.
- Performs necessary disciplinary documentation of nurse assistants on a timely basis, subject to the approval of the Director of Nursing or designee.
- Holds weekly meetings with nurse assistants after doctor rounds to keep the assistants informed of new residents, changes in care needs, condition changes or changes in policy and procedure.
- Makes rounds with physician and records all orders.
- Completes 24-hour report daily on shift. Reports incidents, accidents, changes in condition, family complaints, physical plant problems, etc.
- Assists nurse assistants with bedside care as necessary.
- Assists with mealtime of residents to ensure proper nutritional intake.
- Informs families of changes in resident condition, accident or medication orders, on a timely basis.
- Maintains a good rapport with families and/or patient representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum Work Experience: Previous long-term care experience.
- Contacts with Others: The job requires advanced interpersonal skills in order to work with residents, family members and others in emotional, stressful and sensitive conditions.
- Analytical Demands: The job requires analytical and clinical judgement and the ability to apply diverse and related criteria in order to complete job responsibilities.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Must possession of a valid State of Michigan license As a registered nurse
To Apply Visit:
Search Req Number: 30063080
Project Assistant/Scheduler (Part-Time/Temporary)
Applications close on January 18th at 5:00 pm
· Source recording locations online according to client requirements.
· Manage locations database and maintain meticulous records.
· Follow all protocols and training, paying close attention to detail and organization.
· Abide by the security protocol established and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Fill in for Recording Supervisors as needed.
· Problem solve issues as they arise, escalating when necessary and appropriate.
· Maintain positive working relationships with team members and client representatives, using clear communication early to address issues before they become problems.
All Interested Applicants Please Email: TLewis@appen.com
43rd District Court/Hazel Park Division
43 E. Nine Mile Road
Hazel Park, MI 48030
Fax: (248) 546-4088
POSITION/TITLE: Probation Clerk – Part Time, At Will
SALARY RANGE: Beginning pay – $15.00/hour.
A Probation Clerk is responsible for data entry for case files, scheduling of court events
and court dispositions, preparation of court calendars, scheduling and other orders,
correspondence and other necessary Court paperwork, communication with law
enforcement agencies and other courts regarding criminal and traffic matters,
generating and the mailing of notices, orders and other Court documents on a daily
basis, filing of court paperwork and daily mail, and other duties as they are assigned.
This employee is also responsible for maintaining probation files and databases,
monitoring offenders and attendant follow up and preparing motions to show cause
and discharges. A Probation Clerk also maintains detailed case records, reporting to
the court as necessary. A Probation Clerk will be required to become certified as a LEIN
operator by means of a bi-annual test. This position includes, but is not limited to the
duties listed above.
An associate’s degree or equivalent in liberal arts or in business administration is
required. Training in customer service techniques is desired.
Must have prior experience in general office skills which include telephone, word
processing and other computer skills. Previous experience working in a court and
knowledge of substance abuse practices, interviewing skills, and assessment and
referral practices is highly desired. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office computer
Please send cover letter and résumés to:
Diana Nimmoor, Court Administrator
43rd District Court/Hazel Park Division
43 E. Nine Mile Road
Hazel Park, MI 48030
Fax: (248) 546-4088
Client Experience Ambassador- 3rd Shift
What You’ll Do/Need
The Client Experience Ambassador is responsible for operating the parking intercom system in all parking garages owned by Bedrock Real Estate and managed by parking vendors. The main goal of the Client Experience Ambassador is to create a positive and exceptional experience for all individuals parking and visiting our city. This particular shift is an overnight position.
- Answer and address all parking intercom calls from Bedrock-owned parking garages
- Use verification software to verify team members and tenants’ employment status and parking assignments upon entrance/exit
- Create and maintain a daily updated log of all intercom activity
- Communicate all operational or maintenance-related issues to both team members and tenants
- Coordinate with appropriate garage managers to address and rectify parking-related issues
- Fulfill validation and badge requests
- Perform basic access control functions
- Assist with badging initiatives
- Work with RSCC on a daily basis to ensure communication is streamlined between team members and tenants
- Monitor garage cameras (garage surveillance)
- Support parking operations
- Willing to work overnight hours (11pm to 7am)
- Ability to work a rotating shift, including midnights, weekends and holidays
- Great problem-solving, grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Possess self-motivation and reliability
- Working knowledge of general computer software, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
What You’ll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
All Interested Applicants visit:
John James for Senate
Political Campaign Internship
John James for Senate is a fast paced and exciting political campaign for the Republican Party. This campaign represents a U.S. Senate candidate in one of the nation’s most competitive races of the year. We strive for hard work, leadership, and service!
We are looking for students who are hardworking, driven, and excited about public service.
20-30 hours a week. Flexible schedule between 10AM – 4PM Monday through Friday.
Laurel Park Place, Livonia, MI
Rate of Pay: $12/Hr
Method of contact: email@example.com
|Responsible for overall development, review and approval of various property work schedules. Ensures various areas of the property are staffed according to labor strategy. Ensures compliance with MotorCity Casino Hotel Time and Attendance policy and follows through with issuances of discipline(s) when necessary. Ensures that company’s policy, goals and objectives are being adhered to by staff and that employees are managed in the best interest of the company. May perform the duties of subordinate(s). Other duties and/or signatory abilities (e.g., keys, forms, reports) as assigned, mentioned or described in the case of current and/or subsequent Departmental policies (e.g., ICS, SOPs) or other independent submissions/correspondence under separate cover.|
|1. Five years minimum in a leadership position within Casino Operations (or any other alternative deemed appropriate)
2. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (or any other alternative deemed appropriate)
3. Including, but not limited to, New Hire Orientation, Customer Service and other supervisory and management development
All Interested Applicants Visit:
|Facility:||Beaumont Hospital Trenton|
|Department:||Nursing Med Surg Obs Unit|
|Job Details:||Job Summary:
Under direction of licensed nursing staff and coordinator, provides general clerical duties, reception duties and requisition of supplies, equipment, and services from other departments. Assists in maintaining the general function of the Nursing Station.
·Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
·Experience: 1 Year Medical related experience such as: Doctors’ office receptionist Medical Office Assistant Lab Tech Pharmacy Tech EKG Tech Previous WS experience; OR 1 year medical related college education; OR 2 years experience as a Nursing Aide or ED Assistant.
·Skills & Abilities: Successful completion of the Desk Secretary Class and Orientation, familiarity with computer keyboard required. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
*Wage rates for this position are governed by a collective bargaining agreement. Wage rates are available in the collective bargaining agreement and in the Human Resources Department.
All Interested Applicants Please Click Below:
Sierra Club Michigan Chapter – 2018 Political Internships
What is the Sierra Club?
The Sierra Club’s members and supporters are more than 3 million of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. Founded in 1892, the Club is America’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. Our mission is to: (1) Explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth; (2) Practice and promote the responsible use of the earth’s ecosystems and resources; (3) Educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment; and (4) Use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
In this internship, you will directly assist candidates running for public office that the Sierra Club has endorsed. The Sierra Club has an extremely rigorous endorsement process and focuses on the most competitive races with the best environmentally-minded candidates. In this internship, we will train you on the basic skills of campaign organizing, educate you about environmental issues impacted by politics, and then deploy you to be part of a candidate’s campaign for somewhere between one to five months (depending on your schedule). Potential responsibilities include helping organize fundraisers for a candidate, coordinating voter contact, organizing phone banks, recruiting Sierra Club members to volunteer for a candidate, canvassing, coordinating press conferences and press releases for a candidate, helping with a candidate’s earned media strategy, running social media accounts for a candidate, policy or campaign research, performing data entry and office work.
The ideal applicant will have an interest in politics, knowledge or interest in environmental issues, be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and have experience with google drive, facebook, twitter, blogs, and email. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively, take direction on projects, work independently, be flexible, and be prepared for a fun and fast-paced campaign environment.
Internship positions are available in 2018 for summer (May-August) and fall (September-November) semesters, and are able to be shortened or extended as needed. This internship is unpaid but comes with a $50 or $100 gift card to Meijer upon completion of the internship in order to diffuse food/gas costs, and can earn you class credit (you will need to work this out with your academic advisor). The internship is coordinated through our Lansing office but you will be deployed to work for a campaign that will likely not be in Lansing. Internship training is required and takes place in May and September. Internships can be arranged for between 10 to 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
send your resume to Mike Berkowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief (one-two paragraphs) statement describing your interest in this internship.
People who participate in this Political Internship often go on to achieve professional and academic success. After interning, multiple interns have become lawyers, social workers, political campaign managers, Sierra Club employees, staffers for other non-profit organizations, elected officials, and professors. Many former interns also achieve leadership roles within the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter such as Political Committee Representatives, Legislative Committee Representatives, Citizen Lobbyists, and campaign leaders.
Full-time pay rate starting at $16.79 per hour
(Includes 25.68% locality pay)
Transportation Security Officers at
Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport (DTW)
No Experience Required
Federal benefits, Paid, ongoing training
TSA offers an attractive benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days;and paid federal holidays.
Please apply through January 8th, 2018
online at: https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov
or text “TSO” to 95495 or call 1.877.872.7990
At Beaumont we are committed to providing Patient and Family Centered Care.
Our Patient Transporters are expected to: Provide safe and timely transportation including hand off of patients to department staff throughout the hospital; Pick up and deliver specimens; Maintain transporting equipment, storage areas and break area; Assist with de-cluttering efforts in the hospital including patient rooms; Communicate with patients about their needs and acclimate them to new room, etc.
High school diploma or equivalent.
American Heart Saver Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required before start date if selected for hire.
This position requires heavy lifting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting and a lot of walking. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well independently.
This position works every other weekend and holiday.
We will bring patients to the morgue and participate in tidying activities in the morgue
To Apply Visit:
City of Novi
The Novi Police Department is a CALEA nationally-accredited, municipal law enforcement agency, proudly representing the top 4% of all law enforcement agencies in the United States, is seeking a proactive, career oriented Police Officer to work in a community oriented problem-solving environment. Detailed qualifications are available below and include a Bachelor’s Degree and the ability to become MCOLES certified.
You must also schedule and complete a profile and examination for this position at EMPCO and follow the listed instructions. There is a fee to take the examination but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The EMPCO test must be completed prior to submitting your application.
Compensation: Starting salary is $52,632 with a comprehensive benefit package.
Contact: Submit completed application, cover letter and resume by email or mail to Department of Human Resources, 45175 West Ten Mile Road, Novi, MI 48375. Deadline to apply is December 22, 2017. EOE.
For full job description and how to apply please visit: http://www.cityofnovi.org/Government/City-Services/Human-Resources/Available-Job-Postings/Police-Officer.aspx
OPEN INTERVIEWS at BOSCH for Security Officers
IMMEDIATE SECURITY OFFICER OPENINGS available for Afternoon and Midnight shifts! Weekend availability preferred.
Come see us at BOSCH on Wednesday, 12/06/2017, from 1:30 PM – 7:00 PM for OPEN INTERVIEWS. Over 100 openings available!
SHIFTS: AFTERNOONS and MIDNIGHTS
***Security experience not required.*** Must have customer service experience.
PAY RATE: $11.00-$13.00 per hour based on experience
Bring: Valid identification and high school diploma/GED on hand will expedite the process.
You will be required to successfully pass a Drug Test and a Background Check.
The Open Interviews will be held at:
ROBERT BOSCH Plymouth Township Technical Center
15000 N Haggerty Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
If possible, please apply online before the open house. If you cannot apply online before then, please just stop by.
Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 640 local branch managers and approximately 86,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses.
IT Student Assistant
Applications close on December 14th at 11:55 pm
This position works directly with the clients, vendors, developers, and management to ensure quality products in accordance with established DTMB standards. The position will learn or possess the necessary programming skills to create new and enhance existing Web applications. The position will be involved in all aspects of web development and maintenance, which would encompass creating mock-ups, gathering business requirements, coding, testing, implementation and support.
Required Education and Experience
Current enrollment in post-secondary educational institution in an IT related degree program.
No specific type or amount is required.
Additional Requirements and Information
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://goo.gl/c9ZMDd and apply electronically for posting #:0801-2017-1439. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Community Management Internship
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Ten weeks that could change your future! At Walgreens, you have the best of both worlds: the training, support and resources of one of America’s largest retail organizations behind you, plus the encouragement to be a true entrepreneur. Because we want you to succeed in your retail career, we’ve created a comprehensive, step-by-step management development program (LEAP) that will equip you to become a Walgreens store manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — to move into higher levels of retail management at Walgreens.
- The internship program is designed for college students to complete during the summer between their junior and senior years in school, exposes students to management skills and a full range of retail operations at Walgreens.
- Interns will work with experienced store managers to learn about store operations, management responsibilities, merchandising, advertising, inventory, and human resources.
- By the end of your ten-week internship, you’ll know just what it means to manage a Walgreens store.
- It’s also an opportunity for us to seek exceptional students, prior to their senior year of college, to train for future management consideration.
- Lead, Engage, Advance, Perform. (LEAP) is a comprehensive management development program including workshops, online learning and on the job coaching/mentoring preparing Assist Store Manager Trainees for a store management career path.
Get paid to learn!
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- The internship is conducted between the months of May through August.
- Interns are paid hourly
- $14.00 per hour
- Interns are scheduled for 40-hour work week
A career at Walgreens offers you the potential for growth and a clear path to advancement. Our innovative spirit means every day is a different opportunity to excel in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Take your first step towards a fulfilling career.
Apply now at www.walgreens.jobs
Applications close on November 28th at 1:55 am
$10 per hour and monthly parking stipend!
January – May 2018, Flexible schedule of 15 hours per week
Events Intern Qualifications:
- Working toward a degree/recently graduated from a four-year college or university in Event Planning, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with e-mail and database programs, CRM a plus.
- Skilled knowledge in event planning, hospitality, logistics, marketing, research and sales.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, detailed oriented, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Must have private transportation and flexible working hours for events.
Events Intern Responsibilities:
- Complete all work assignments in an efficient and timely manner. Handle all internal and external correspondence and meet the given deadlines.
- Assist with planning, organizing and coordinating all aspects of assigned events. Such as event research, event site selection, customer follow up, logistics support and registration.
- Working closely with the Manager, Signature Events on member events as assigned by answering and distributing incoming calls, maintaining and handling files, updating the web, managing registration, draft event surveys and report survey findings.
- Administrative support copying, organizing materials for team, collating and production of materials for events, mailings, sending emails and post-event fulfillment.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.