We had a few requests by users who want to blog but they don’t want just anyone to access their posts. This could be for various reasons: internal information, proprietary information, or coursework that they just want to keep track of without allowing anyone else to see ’til it’s complete.
Introducing new privacy options
You will notice in the menu item under your “Settings” a link called “Privacy.” It was there before but it only had two options, now there are five.
- I would like my site to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers.
- I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors.
- I would like my site to be visible only to Registered network users.
- I would like my site to be visible only to Site subscribers.
- I would like my site to be visible only to Site administrators.
Feel free to change the settings on your blog to fit your needs. The restrictions will also apply to your RSS feed and blog updates will not show up on Today@Wayne or anywhere else if you have your blog set to private.
Comments are closed.