Noel Night

If you do not already know I am a Dance Major pursing my Bachelor of Science in Dance with a minor in Design, concentrated on graphic design. As a dance major I am currently a dancer in Company One, which is a departmental dance company. We had our company show on noel night at 6pm and 8pm. After the 8pm performance we were informed about the events that had occurred during Noel Night in Midtown. I got text messages from friends and family checking to make sure I was okay as well, and we were all safe. As this was a frightening event it did not impact our performance. The show had a theme of, “What Makes Us Human?”. This show encompassed the negatives and positives of being a human being. Our company director came into our dressing room after the show and told us how emotional she was, because as something terrible happened we were promoting community, the beauty we are capable of creating as humans, and making the audience think about what it truly means to be human. Even though as a dancer I have performed this concert multiple times throughout countless rehearsals this concert I felt as if our message was truly heard. If you missed out on this artist message and creation it will be premiering again at the Bonstelle Theatre on Woodward, Friday March 2nd at 10am. What happened during Noel Night was very upsetting, but I am glad that a lot of people are safe, and that as humans we can look past these negative events and continue to grow as a community.

From General
Posted by Alyssa on December 6, 2017