Project 2: Font Mannerisms (Reflection)

My overall response to Project 2 is a very positive one. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and particularly liked how all of the steps were broken down in a neat and organized manor. I feel as though I learned an immense amount during the entirety of this project. It was very useful to put into action different elements that we have discussed as being key components to typography and type analysis. For example, I had struggled a little bit with understanding the different “lines” (ex: base line, x height, cap height) but feel that as this project progressed, I grasped the concept much better because I was being made to have a hands-on approach with it. I think this project was a true embodiment of what this class is supposed to be teaching us. We had to take into consideration many different aspects that will be used forever as we grow as designers: layout, cohesiveness, attention to detail, making executive design decisions. I also appreciate the fact that the time frame of this project was a lot more organized than in Project 1. I feel that I had alot more freedom to make important decisions and refine my work because of the length of the period of time we had to work on it. I really did enjoy myself and have fun working on this project, and I hope I enjoy all future projects in this class just as much!

Posted by Ciara Diamond on October 2, 2014