About me

Hello friends,

Hello friends,  My name is Abigail Turner. I am a senior at Wayne State University. I am studying graphic design and art history. I love packaging design along with layout design. My dream is to work for a publication one day. My favorite subject in art history changes a lot, but lately I have been interested in Greek mythology, and Renaissance art. My hobbies include traveling, hiking, cooking, volunteering for environmental clean-up, and reading. I am a pet mom to one Golden-Doodle.

I am originally a transfer student from a small private university. The change to such a big university was a huge transition. Luckily Wayne State made it an easy process. WSU has a Transfer Student Success center in the undergraduate library.  They worked with me to figure out my goals when I first started at Wayne State. They were very accommodating with the transferring of my credits and setting up my new classes. They helped me find where everything on campus. I am a student with disabilities, I am dyslexic and I used to struggle in school. The Student Disabilities Service Center at Wayne State goes above and beyond my expectations. They worked with me one on one and made sure that my professors were aware of the accommodations that I needed. I am happy to say that with the help of SDS I have been able to maintain a 3.5 GPA.

I am a part of the CFPCA Dean’s Delegate’s at WSU,  this has really brought me out of my comfort zone. I am so thankful to be a part of this organization because it pushes me to do things that now I love doing (including public speaking). There is a great group of students that are a part of  CFPCA and I am so lucky to be a part of it.

I work in the Dean of Students Office as a graphic design assistant. I can honestly say that working in DOSO has been the best decision that I have ever made. All of my best friends work in the office. We have different majors, social and economic backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. This group of students are amazing.  I enjoyeyd the opportunity to learn and grow from them. Being surrounded by positive and motivated students has helped me so much both academically and socially at Wayne State.

-Abbbt