The Web Content Administrator at the Wayne State University School of Business Administration is responsible for creating, editing and formatting textual and graphical content for the School of Business Administration website. The Web Content Administrator assists with the general management of the website and works with important stakeholders including Wayne State University’s centralized Marketing/Web and Development teams, business school faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Primary responsibilities include
- Researching, planning and writing fresh content for the website. This may include:
- Coordinating photography and graphics
- Coordinating and conducting interviews
- Participating in meetings
- Evaluating content and recommending best practices
- Entering content into the University’s custom Content Management System and formatting it
- Developing online event promotions and monitoring promotion schedules
- Assisting with creating a planned review system to ensure content and links remain current
- Other duties as needed
- Outstanding communication skills, especially written
- Prior Web writing experience and a keen understanding of writing for the Web versus other media
- Experience working with a Web content management system or similar Web-based system (i.e. blog)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Some graphic design and photo editing ability (basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of social media websites (YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Schedule: 20 hours per week
Work is performed on-site at Wayne State’s Detroit campus on a predetermined schedule. Schedule is flexible, but must be designed so hours are worked during WSU’s normal business hours: between 8:30 am and 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary: Up to $19 per hour, depending on experience. This position does not provide fringe benefits.
This position is part of the School of Business Administration Marketing & Communications department and reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least 2 Web writing samples by February 17, 2012 to:
Jenny Powell-Grosvenor or fax 313-577-4557.