We’re Hiring: Full Time Web Developer
We are hiring! The Web Communications office is looking for an in house Web Developer. It’s not often we put a call out for new staff but with Nick West’s departure we are in need. Our department started six years ago with little staff and resources. Almost everyone in our department started as a student and worked their way up (myself included). It’s not often we get the opportunity to hire from the outside.
Primary Web property responsibilities
- WordPress Blog Network
- Events Calendar RSVP’s and Payments
- University Web API
- Homegrown Content Management System
- Mobile website
- PHP Simpl Framework
- Load balanced dev/prod environments
- 400+ websites using centralized tools
- Translate functional requirements into Web applications
- Centralize and maintain existing code bases
- Prepare test plans for Web Applications
- Design database schemas and develop database scripts such as SQL
- Serve as primary resource for units university-wide regarding the code and appearance of unit Web pages. Administer and provide training in content management tools, control access, review sites for adherence and conformity to code and design standards and resolve related problems.
- Serve as liaison with IT personnel campus-wide to identify and resolve Web page related problems. Work with clients, designers and vendors to ensure established standards and expectations are met.
- Develop and implement mechanisms and processes designed to evaluate the effectiveness of university electronic communications. Provide analysis of collected data and submit reports and recommendations as requested.
- HTML + CSS: Mastery of cross browser CSS and HTML
- PHP + MySQL: Experience building data-driven web applications using PHP and MySQL. Solid understanding of relational databases required.
- Experience working with Web Services and associated languages: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, etc.
- Good knowledge of web standards and trends
- Ability to learn and thirst for knowledge
- Test/Behavior Driven Development experience is a definite plus
- Graduation from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Major concentration in computer science preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with units university wide.