C&IT recently launched a new dashboard for applicants to check their admission status. It allows them to see at a glance what they applied for, the items they completed and what they still have outstanding. I will post more about the actual dashboard later.
This morning I was presented with their default login page to bring into the Wayne State look and feel. I have included the before (left) and after (right) screenshots below.
- WSU header and footer were added to maintain consistency with the rest of the sites.
- Colors were changed to match WSU colors
- Layout completely changed to emphasize the login form
- Expanded instructions were all moved to the right with image indicators
- Page now validates and is ADA compliant
Overall the goal of the page is to get the student logged in and on their way as quickly as possible. Having clear visual cues and help instructions are key to making the page successful. I also added the phone number so they could talk to someone right away if they have questions.
Checkout the live login page at: http://appstatus.wayne.edu/