Mar 14 / Hannah Mathers

Warrior Weekends – St. Patty’s Day edition

Well, I have to admit, there isn’t too much to do in the D this weekend… SIKEEE! There’s always things to do in the D. I know many students are traveling to warmer places but if you are one of the LUCKY ones to stay behind in the area, I would suggest these events for exploration:

PS) Do anything fun this weekend in the D? I attended the Arab Film Festival, the DIA’s Friday Night Live and a play at the Hillberry Theatre. Tell me what YOU did in the comments section below.

Friday, March 14

1535656_10152265465837228_2053705520_nTrue East with Sameer Reddy
6 pm – 8 pm (additional events on Sat. and Sun.)
Museum of Contemporary Arts Detroit (Free and walkable!)

The MOCAD is giving us the opportunity for “renewal” through various art forms with this peaceful man. If you’re into that hippie stuff (which IDK if you can tell but I totally am) this seems like a great event. Even if you’re not, why not try something new anyway?

Saturday, March 15

BrainDayFlyer_2014-page-001-560x684Michigan Science Center Brain Day
10 am – 4 pm
Michigan Science Center (Walkable!)

This events gives you the opportunity to hold a real human brain in your hand (I mean, if you’re into that thing haha) But it does seem interesting and educational!

DSCN67841 Words of Praise: the Qasida with Dr. Michael Sells with Amir ElSaffar and Safaafir
1 pm
Detroit Public Library (Free and walkable!)

Love the diversity in Detroit and events like these truly highlight it. Come to the Detroit Public Library’s main branch (right across from Prentis on Cass and across from the DIA on Woodward to hear about this arabic ode and the importance to various middle eastern communities.

large_249eb804-e1e1-4ed0-9867-5b90086b6013Haute to Death
10 pm – 2 am
Temple Bar (Kinda free and kinda walkable!) $1 and 1.7 miles from Towers)

Called the “trashiest” and “classiest” dance party that you’ll attend. I can dig! Come dance to disco jams at this party. Plus, there’s only a $1 entrance. Can you say, WAY BETTER THAN COACHES?? lol

Sunday, March 16

images Detroit’s 56th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Noon
Corktown on Michigan Ave. (Free! Kinda walkable)

We all know the crazy stuff that happens on St. Patty’s Day and especially in Detroit. We know how to partyyy! (Last year one of Fox 2 new’s people was caught peeing outside at this event! haha) Anyway, this is a Detroit favorite and we are right around the corner. GO AND PARTY! (am I allowed to support partying on this blog? haha) :)

Enjoy the weekend and…

il_fullxfull.261669274

2 Comments

1. Hannah MathersNo Gravatar / Mar 14 2014

Thank you Kenneth! I just updated it.

2. Kenneth SmithNo Gravatar / Mar 14 2014

WSU Open House is scheduled for Saturday March 22nd.