Dec 13 / Hannah Mathers

Warrior Weekend in the D – End of finals edition

WOHOOO It is ALMOST the end of finals…. and that is a great reason to celebrate and do random cool things in our backyard. There are plenty of cool events happening this weekend in Detroit, as always. I hope some of you were able to enjoy Noel Night. I surely did. Phewww it was cold though!

Friday, December 13th

Unknown“A Facility for Living”
8:30 p.m.
Detroit Repertory Theatre

This hilarious comedy tells the story of some folks staying in a retirement home. I love visiting small little random places like this. Let me know how it goes!

Calendar-Betty Boop - Fleischer Bros High Res 1.bmp “Watch Me Move” animation show
10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Detroit Institute of Arts (Walkable!)

This is a super popular show about how animation is created. I bet you’ll appreciate for it will increase after! PS) Check out Friday Night Live while you’re at the DIA. Nothing like beautiful sounds :)

Saturday, December 14th

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 7.27.18555 Art Market and Holiday Party
11-5 (art market) 7-12 (holiday party)
555 Arts in Southwest Detroit

Beautiful art and great people to celebrate the holidays with. Idk what more you could want! Support local business and shop small this holiday season :)

slavery-by-another-name

“Slavery by Another Name”
2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History (Free and walkable!)

We’re in college and part of the experience is growing in our understanding of our history, its effects on today’s society and other topics like the ones that will be discussed in this film.

Sunday, December 15th

a2b3dfb8614811e3bd0d1245b663ce51_5Merry Marketplace
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Detroit Mercantile Company

Once again, shop small! It’s a great opportunity to support local business which is what keeps the city unique and beautiful. Check out all of the beautiful artwork and if you’re able, buy something for a friend! PS- this building in itself is gorgeous. :)

Hope you all enjoy the weekend! Let me know how you enjoyed Detroit by leaving a comment. If I didn’t work this weekend, I would totally be out there with y’all. Much love!