WSU Medical School presents Clinical Skills Night
Hello All Pre-Health Students!
We would like to invite you to join us on Monday, January 28th from 5-8pm in the Ballroom of Student Center(2nd floor) for a fun night where you will have the opportunity to learn essential clinical skills from local physicians and current WSU medical students! This is a great time for you to get out there and network with other individuals and prove that the health care field is for you. There will be on campus organizations involved with volunteer and medical work on site to answer any questions you may have!
At Clinical Skills Night, you and other students will have the opportunity to rotate from table to table in groups and learn from current WSU medical students & local physician’s how to suture wounds, use an ultrasound machine, take vital signs, learn skills on heart and lung auscultations, learn to take physical, neurological and head & neck exams as well as much more! In addition, you will be exposed to physician’s speaking on their work, meet pre-health organizations and talk with current WSU medical student’s about their experiences in medical school. Furthermore, pre-med students will be able to meet with Kate Bernas, pre-medical advisor, who can assist with questions about academic and professional preparation for medical school.
All proceeds from this event go to WSU’s School of Medicine’s World Health Student Organization for their Ecuador Medical Mission Relief Trip! Every penny will go directly towards the purchase of medications for those who will be treated in Ecuador during the mission!
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS?
For $10 Pre-Sale Tickets (available until January 27th only), please contact:
1) Mansi Patel President of The United Pre-Health Student Society firstname.lastname@example.org OR WSUuphss@gmail.com
2) Dima Farhat President of the Pre-Professional Medical Society email@example.com OR PPMS.firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Gino Etta President of Rebuilding Together Wayne State University email@example.com OR Rebuildingtogetherwsu@gmail.com
4) Palak Thakore President of Multiple Sclerosis Society of MI firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Attend The United Pre-Health Student Society’s first general meeting of the semester on Wednesday, January 16th from 5:30-6:30pm in Hilberry A of the Student Center(2nd Floor). More detailed information about Clinical Skills Night will be presented by a current WSU medical student.
6) On January 28th, tickets are available for purchase at the door for $15.
7) If you are not a Wayne State University student and would like to attend the event please contact:
Gino Etta: email@example.com 248-914-0265
Allen Kadado: firstname.lastname@example.org 248-990-0410
In addition to learning clinical skills, meeting with other pre-health students, food & refreshments will be provided at the event! Please refer to the flyer attached for further information or contact any of the individuals named above with any questions or concerns!
We look forward to seeing you at Clinical Skills Night,
Mansi Patel President – United Pre-Health Student Society (UPHSS)
Allen Kadado World Health Student Organization (WHSO)
Gino Etta President – Rebuilding Together Wayne State University (RTWSU)
Dima Farhat President – Pre Professional Medical Society (PPMS)
Palak Thakore President – National Multiple Sclerosis Society of MI