Nov 29 / Steven Church

Looking Back Project 2 Font Mannerisms

I found this project semi difficult to work with, as everything was broken up into part. Then those parts had to be in one file, the file had to be put into layers so that the whole part was compressed. It got a bit confusing when I was working with 8 layers for one part in one file. Then converting all the files to a pdf. that I would really like to upload some of the pages from the book of our final product did not transfer to the printer to well. I even tried to look at a few of the files to upload the my blog but the images form theĀ individualĀ files were compressed on top of each other form the layers we had to make in the files for each part of the project. I will try and find out how to clean this up and upload some of the pages from the book to give as examples for each part of the process that was involved into making the final product.

I should also mention that all the students in the class were assigned a font family to study and use through the whole project. Mine was Adobe Jenson Pro. Adobe Jenson Pro is an old style serif type font that was designed by Robert Slimbach.

Font_Manner_Part2_identification

Font_Manner_Part2

Type_Manner_part4