FY13 DoD CDMRP Program Pre-Announcement
The Fiscal Year 2013 (FY13) Defense Appropriations Act provides $120 million (M) to the Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) to support innovative, high-impact breast cancer research. The BCRP is administered by the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) through the Office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
The BCRP is providing the information in this pre-announcement to allow investigators time to plan and develop applications. The FY13 BCRP Program Announcement and General Application Instructions for the following award mechanism is anticipated to be posted on Grants.gov in mid-October 2013. Pre-application and application deadlines will be available when the Program Announcement is released. This pre-announcement should not be construed as an obligation by the government.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
Principal Investigator (PI):
• Doctoral or medical graduates.
• No more than 2 years of experience in the proposed research setting.
• No more than 4 years of postdoctoral research experience as of the application deadline.
Mentor or Co-Mentor:
• Must have breast cancer research experience, including current funding and publications.
Key Mechanism Elements
• Supports the training of exceptionally talented recent doctoral or medical graduates who have demonstrated that they are the “best and brightest” of their peers.
• Individualized training program and mentorship should prepare the PI for an independent career at the forefront of breast cancer research.
• PI is not required to have previous experience in breast cancer research.
• Proposed research should address a critical problem in breast cancer research.
• Maximum funding of $300,000 for direct costs ($100,000 per year; plus indirect costs).
• Period of performance not to exceed 3 years.
All applications must conform to the final program announcement and application instructions that will be available for electronic downloading from the Grants.gov website. The application package containing the required forms for this award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all USAMRMC funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the CDMRP eReceipt website (http://cdmrp.org/) prior to the pre-application deadline. Applications must be submitted through the federal government’s single-entry portal, Grants.gov. Submission deadlines are not available until the program announcements are released. Requests for email notification of the program announcements release may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the BCRP or other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil/).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs