Hot off the presses from our friends at SPA:
The transition from Coeus to Evisions for proposal development and submission is underway!
In our continuing effort to provide the highest level of support of research at Wayne State University, Sponsored Program Administration will begin using Evisions SP/424 in place of Coeus in 2016. Evisions will track research proposal and award activity, provide for streamlined internal routing and approval of proposals, facilitate submission to sponsor systems (Grants.gov), and store proposal documents.
Evisions SP/424 will allow users expanded access to proposal development, submission, and award information through a very simple, user-friendly interface.
The system includes the following features:
- Extra validations and error checking to ensure proposal will be error free upon submission to Grants.gov
- System-to-system data transmission for >95% of all Grants.gov opportunities
- Budget builder tool includes fringe benefits, F&A rates, inflation rates, and multi-year replication
- Proposal development (budget, narrative, compliance questions)
- Re-use data and copy proposals
- Robust routing and approval
- Database of all sponsored program activity
- Tracking of proposals and awards to subcontractors
- Intuitive User Interface
Processes and navigation in Evisions are similar to Coeus. In order to provide for the most seamless transition possible, many group training sessions will be offered in the coming months for administrators and faculty. Additionally, SPA Training is happy to visit your department or college for individualized training. Please refer to the Research Events calendar for scheduled training session. Sessions will run every Thursday between September 1 and October 27.
We highly encourage faculty and administration staff to utilize the Evisions test environment for a hands-on experience. The test instance can be accessed here and users must use their Access ID and the password re85search. Again, this is a test instance and no current “active” information is contained within.