Feb 19 / Sara Attou

Peer Critique

Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 10.15.22 PMScreen shot 2013-02-19 at 11.31.00 PM

This fictional letterform is created by ElizabethTchorz. Elizabeth was in the Modern Serif category with me. Her and I both used Didot to create our fictional letterform. Elizabeth’s letterform is placed between k and l in the alphabet. One strong aspect to Elizabeth’s letterform is the flat thin serif that belongs into Didot. I was confused at first thinking the bowl should be more like the lowercase b in Didot but realized a lowercase s was used instead which is neat. If the bowl was used, it would look like a lowercase b with an ear.

Part of the letterform looks like it could belong in Didot. One thing I would change about the letterform is position it differently. The craft is a bit rocky around the Ear. The ear on the letterform has the right idea of going thin to a tear  drop but doesn’t carry the characteristic of the slight flat bottom. The use of thick and thin strokes are definitely there which follows Didot.  I really like how the regular font is in the background. Elizabeth did a great job using the characteristics of Didot to create her fictional letterform.

Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 10.59.03 PM

(Above, lowercase b in Didot)

Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 11.18.37 PM

(Above, ear from a lowercase c in Didot)