Feel like something different for lunch today? Recently, there’s been an influx of food trucks in the Detroit area and if you’ve been paying attention, there are a few that set up camp right on our campus! I’ve talked to some of the owners of the food trucks and they’re all pretty much based in the Detroit area, so support your fellow Detroiters and their culinary creativity by eating from a food truck one day!
Here’s a list I’ve compiled of some food trucks who frequent near- or on-campus:
- El Guapo – Mexican food
- Mac Shack – good ol’ mac ‘n’ cheese any way you like it!
- Beignets 2 Go – little bites of heaven originating from New Orleans
- Green Zebra – gourmet American street food (their watermelon salad is the best!)
- The Grindhouse – Corridor Sausage’s food truck with awesome hot dogs and langos (Hungarian pizza)!
- Jacque’s Tacos – gourmet tacos
- Dago Joe’s – Italian food to-go
There are, of course, many other trucks out there so please leave a comment to add to the list!