Skip to content

Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Mannerism Final Project

I have enjoyed working on this project, it was challenging yet very interesting. After spending many hours working on this project, I think I have accomplished the right outcome. This project has taught me to notice the little details, and from this my work can accelerate. My instructor has pushed us beyond our limits and this has made us notice the finest details. As a student I appreciate the encouragement from my professor. I can say that this experience has allowed me to identify my font family and realize the difference between the font families.
1 MannerismText type1Text type2Text type3Text type4Text Compared 5Analyzing 6GMOXYGlyphs 2Glyphs 1Meanings to me

3 Oct 2014

Work Process

MY WORK PROCESS
I’ve been working on my Mannerism project and its much more challenging then I thought it would be, this is what I have so far. I am still working and editing it.
IMG_4383

M  roughY roughMODERN ELEGANT Darftgyphs draft

2 Oct 2014

g study

Looking for a difference in each g.

G study OUTLINE

16 Sep 2014

Project 1 Typography

photoDuring our process to successfully complete our project, we were in a group in of 4; Ciara, MaNazah, Joey and I. We organized a group meeting to discuss what letters and what style we would like to agree on. We decided that we were go-ing to choose minimal. We also decided that Ciara and Manazeh are going to find letters N-Z and ?,*. For joey and I, we had letters A-M and $ ,!. We also agreed on capital letters which we thought was better for the look of our font face. We went outdoors and began to look for our assigned letter. It was much harder than we thought it would be. The next day after our scavenger hunt, we had gathered all of the letters. We began to pick the best that fit the minimal look. It took quite a while for us to decide what letters are going to be used, after a mo-ment of thinking, we decided what the letters that we were going to be using, we also began to decide how we were going to crop these images to look the best that they can be, as well as figuring out what colors we wanted them. We chose a gray scale to minimize the fonts and stay on track with the simple look. Every font we chose looked very similar, very urban and city like. We decide that the name of the collation of letter is going to be cimple city. We found it to be every clever. The letters were very simple and straight forward. After the final meeting we separated and began to work with the images. Although they were very dif-ferent, they were all still similar in look. We worked very hard and thought about these fonts every day. I hope you like what you see.

Making decisionsSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSC

8 Sep 2014

Hello everyone,

My name is Mariam Dakroub,

I am currently working on a bachelor of arts, my consternation is graphic design. I hope to graduate in the fall of 2015.  The typeface that appealed to me was Kozuka Gothic, I found it easy to read because of the thickness of the font.

28 Aug 2014