Sika of Madison Heights seeks a WSU Engineering Graduate for Product Engineer in the Technical Services Lab
A Leader in the IndustrySika Corporation, based in Lyndhurst, NJ, is a leading supplier of specialty chemical products and industrial materials serving construction and industrial markets including transportation, marine, and automotive. Its technologies are focused on sealing, bonding, damping, reinforcing and protecting. Sika’s product lines include concrete admixtures, specialty mortars, epoxies, structural strengthening systems, industrial flooring, sealants, adhesives, specialty acoustic and reinforcing materials. Sika Products are used in a wide array of applications and always fulfill the highest quality standards. We are committed to customer satisfaction, innovation, and teamwork. – See more at: http://usa.sika.com/en/group/SikaCorp.html#sthash.5ISrrFH0.dpuf
Jeff Woodford, Technical Services Manager at Sika is reaching out to Wayne State Engineering Warriors regarding a full time Product Engineer position. Here is the link for those seeking a full time permanent position with the Sika Technical Services Lab. https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=30001&siteid=5009&jobid=109703
|Product Engineer – Technical Services Lab|
|United States of America|
|Broad Function and Purpose of Position:Responsible for conducting laboratory tests with Sika’s Automotive and Industry bulk adhesives and sealants. The objective of these laboratory tests is to support new and existing business. The person who fills this position will also be required to write formal test reports to communicate the findings of the tests they conducted, along with the details of the test methods that were employed to generate the results. Some travel will also be required to support / trouble shoot customer applications on site.Specific Responsibilities:
• Assist Market Field Engineers with testing necessary to develop and commercialize adhesive bonding and sealing applications for both new products and new applications of existing products.
|Minimum education: B.S. in Engineering (preferably Chemical Engineering).
• Experience working in a laboratory environment.
• Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thought.
• Must be able to apply project management and planning skills to commercial projects.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and good commercial presence required.
• Able to travel up to 10% of time in support of customer support and launch activities.