General Electric Recruits WSU Master Level Students for Fall Part-Time, IT Co-op
GE AMSTC HCI Part-Time Fall Co-Op
GE Job Reference Number: PD5765
WSU Career Services CSO Job Number: 25091
Job Type: Co-op
Functions: Information Technology
Graduation Dates: 2015-2016
Post Date: 6/13/2014
Expiration Date: 7/13/2014
Seeking UMSI second year Master’s students who can commit to a part-time (The normal workweek shall be no more than 19 hours per week and not less than 12) internship assignments that extend from roughly September through December, with the possibility of extending to additional internships or future full-time employment. This program will allow students to work on current business projects, be mentored by seasoned professionals in HCI, hone skills by doing case studies developed from past projects, and develop leadership and other soft skills.
Information technology (IT) is critical to the future of GE. With nearly 10,000 IT professionals in roughly 50 countries, GE IT represents a major area of focus and investment across the company and is essential to maintaining our leadership, competitiveness and success. For those with a passion for technology, no other company offers the diversity of experience and career potential that GE does. The AMSTC in Van Buren Township, MI is where GE’s best and brightest technical and research experts come together and use cutting-edge technologies to solve some of the world’s toughest problems. GE’s IT professionals working at the center are helping accelerate the future of GE by enabling business processes, driving simplification while ensuring the security of our information and assets, and increasing collaboration for employees, customers and partners through digital innovations. AMSTC IT Interns may later be considered for full time entry-level positions based on availability of positions, the interviewer’s assessment and the applicant’s preference.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Systems, Digital Design, Information Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Interactive Design, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, or Technology related major.
- Current School Level: Masters
In order for GE to satisfy certain requirements under US Department of Labor regulations, you must apply for this position at www.gecareers.com/campusinterview, in addition to applying for this position through your college career center, if you wish to be considered for an interview.
1. When applying at www.gecareers.com/campusinterview, please select the Business Specific radio button, then, in the dropdown, select GE Corporate. On the next screen, select the position title from the list of results ”5765, HCI Part-Time Fall Co-Op”.
2. When applying at www.gecareers.com/campusinterview, please select A Leadership Program Intern/Co-op radio button, then, in the dropdown, select ”5765, HCI Part-Time Fall Co-Op”.
3. When applying at www.gecareers.com/campusinterview, please select A Full-time Leadership Program radio button. Then, in the dropdown, select 5765, HCI Part-Time Fall Co-op.
4. CLP and EEDP — When applying at www.gecareers.com/campusinterview, please select A Full-time Leadership Program radio button. Then, in the dropdown, select GE Corporate. On the next screen select GE Corporate.
Online Application Address: http://www.ge.com/careers/
Additional Question about this position should be made to Diane Grimord, WSU Career Services Co-op Coordinator
at email@example.com 2313 577 33909.