Calling All WSU Freshmen STEM Majors – Chrysler Wants to Host You For a Fun Networking Event!
What is the Chrysler Bowl?
An Exciting 2-Day Event at Chrysler Group Headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI on Friday, March 21, 2014, 2pm-9pm and Saturday, March 22, 2014, 9am-5pm.
On March 21-22, 2014, Chrysler will hold it’s first “College Bowl” or Chrysler Bowl. Chrysler is inviting the top STEM students from WSU to participate. To be eligible, students must be freshmen in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or IT with a GPA minimum of 3.0.
- Interactive, Creative, Team Competition for Scholarship Money!
- Resume Creation/Personal Branding
- Team Building Exercises
- Scavenger Hunt
- Food, Fun and Festivities!
The deadline for receipt of WSU Warrior completed application is Tuesday, MARCH 4, 2014 at midnight. Of those entries submitted, Chrysler will select ten students from 9 of their select universities to attend the 2-day Chrysler Bowl in Auburn Hills.
Why an Engineering and IT Chrysler Bowl?
Students will be able to compete for scholarship money while having a creative forum to showcase their skills and talents beyond the typical resume profile.
- Teaches students important leadership and professional skills through selected competitive topics.
- Provides Chrysler an enhanced recruiting opportunity to identify future leaders.
- Offers enhanced visibility and recognition among students.
- 1st Place Team: $1,000 each individual
- 2nd Place Team: $750 each individual
- 3rd Place Team: $500 each individual
- 3 individuals chosen for outstanding personal achievements: $600
- Consolation prizes will be given to each participant
This will be a fun and innovative way to showcase top WSU Warrior students’ talents while providing valuable networking opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY?
There is a quick turnaround for the requested application to the due date of March 4th however,
event organizers are looking for more WSU freshmen applicants.
Contact Phone Number:
Major/Major of Interest:
This information must be completed in its entirety and submitted to along with your video for consideration to ChrysUR@chrysler.com in order to participate in the Chrysler Group College Bowl. Students will be notified by March 6th via email whether or not they have been selected as a participant. Note: All students MUST attend both days of competition, March 21st-22nd, 2014 in their entirety. Applicants will be judged on the content and creativity of their video. All decisions will be final.
If you have questions, then you can contact Carmen Gamlin, COE Career Services Consultant at 313 577 8336.