Body Component Engineering Opportunity – BSME Apply today (US, PR and OPT)
This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of Body Exterior components. Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
COMPONENT TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT OF EXTERIOR FUNCTIONAL PLASTIC PARTS (CLOSEOUTS, FILMS, BADGING, VARIOUS INJ MOLDED COMPONENTS) FROM CONCEPT SELECTION TO COMMERCIAL LAUNCH. EXECUTE COMPONENT STANDARDIZATION & REUSE, DVP, DESIGN RULE HARMONIZATION, BEST PRACTICES & LESSONS LEARNED. DEVELOP & MAINTAIN FUNCTIONAL OBJECTIVES, DFMEA’S, DVPR’S, STANDARDS. REVIEW AND APPROVE TECHNICAL CONTENT OF RELATED CHANGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering is required. Will consider entry-level candidates with relevant Body college projects, FSAE, co-ops or internships.
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 2 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is preferred.
- Will consider entry-level candidates with relevant Body college projects, FSAE, co-ops or internships.
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Body Exterior in-plant launch experience preferred.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
- Knowledgeable in regards to injection molding, compression molding, chrome plating, painting and GD&T. Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Jillian Dunn | Recruiter
1960 Research Drive, Suite 200| Troy, MI 48083
CDI has implemented a Candidate Career portal, providing job seekers the ability to search for and apply directly to CDI career opportunities in the United States.
Please visit: www.cdicareercenter.com