Entry Level to Experienced Mechanical Engineering Position in Automotive Industry – OPT
Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
The Product Engineer-Body System & Components will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of a Body-in-White system and/or components. The Body Product Engineer will design their own products utilizing Catia/NX parametric design principles. Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
*Minimum of 2 years of experience in CATIA V5 parametric design in a production release environment or NX or Teamcenter.
* 0-20% travel, domestic and international.
* Will consider entry-level candidates with relevant FSAE, projects, co-ops, or internships.
* Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
* Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body-Body in White, closures, or exterior systems
* Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
* BIW in-plant launch experience
* Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
* Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
* Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt
* Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T
* Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
Interested candidates can send me their up-to-date resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jillian Dunn | Recruiter
1960 Research Drive, Suite 200| Troy, MI 48083
Ph: 248.786.5921 | Fax: 248.786.5200| www.cdicorp.com
CDI has implemented a Candidate Career portal, providing job seekers the ability to search for and apply directly to CDI career opportunities in the United States.
Please visit: www.cdicareercenter.com