Masco – Mechanical Engineering Intern Fall 2013
Position: R&D – Mechanical Engineering Intern
Company: Masco Corporation
Location: Taylor, MI
Masco Corporation (NYSE:MAS) is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand-name products for the home improvement and new home construction markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of installed products and services, including insulation, for homebuilders. Our home products include faucets, kitchen and bath cabinets, paints and stains, bath and shower units, spas, showering and plumbing specialties, windows and decorative hardware. We have leading brands in architectural coatings (Behr® and KILZ®), windows (Milgard® and Duraflex™), plumbing (Axor®, Brizo®, Hansgrohe® and Delta®), cabinetry (KraftMaid®, Merillat® and QualityCabinets™), bathing (Aqua Glass®, Hot Spring® and Huppe™), plumbing (BrassCraft®), and home hardware and other specialty products (Arrow® and Liberty®).
We currently have an immediate opportunity at our Research & Development center for a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, build and test a prototype plumbing fittings test apparatus
• Write formal specifications for test rig and requests for proposal for outside vendor to build multiple replicates of the original prototype.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Junior or Senior in Electrical Engineering Program at an accredited University
• Fluent in Microsoft Word & Excel
• Ability to be self-directed; capable of performing basic building and mechanical assembly of various components
• Ability to test work product and collect data
To be considered, please apply online at http://masco.com/careers/search-all-jobs/ and input 11558BR in auto req ID.
Masco is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a culture that supports our commitment to diversity and inclusion.